Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin disease linked to my dry eyes possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin disease linked to my dry eyes possibility?

Hello, for a while now I’ve noticed I’ve had dark red scaley skin under my eyebrows moving out to above the corner of my eyes. I believe this too be seborrheic dermatitis. There seems to be links with this disease and MGD/blepharitis. I suffer from dry eyes due to poor oil quality, I do have a mild burning sensation which is intermittent however ramps up at night time, photophobia but something that really affects me is up under my eyebrows I feel an irritation internally above my eyeball as if there’s inflammation burning (not eyelid above that) I’m only now putting the pieces together that these could be linked to the seborrheic dermatitis. Or is that fourth symptom a normal MGD/blepharitis symptom that’s experienced?

Does anyone here know much about skin disease or specifically seborrheic dermatitis in relation to mgd and blepharitis symptoms? Anything might be able to help me!? Thankyou

I'm not sure there is published literature on this, but it does sound like a valid theory. Acne / Rosacea respond to similar treatments for MGD, for example, doxy, azithromycin, IPL etc...

Based on what you've said, I think it wouldn't hurt to give IPL a try!

Comment

Dr Toyos considers MGD is a skin issue on lids/lid margin.

''I do have a mild burning sensation which is intermittent however ramps up at night time'' -
      this might suggest demodex. good to check or simply apply tea tree oil lid cleanser. Dr Cremers has a great video on this at YouTube.

IPL: But you have done 4 times IPL, right? did not help? did dr express glands after IPL? They should but many still do not.
      Last edited by MGD1701; 02-Oct-2018, 01:44.

Comment

Yeah I’ve done my bout of ipl 4 treatments, I’m not sure if IPL works with SD I’d have to look into it. Because it didn’t do anything for me. I’ve seen a few videos regarding organic apple cider vinegar (with the mother) that helps control the bacteria I’m gonna try that for a week see how it goes. I got a blood test done today regarding SD to see if it’s related to allergens I don’t believe so though. I will try tea tree oil too thankyou for that mate. I’ve got to look into this skin condition more to understand the origins.

Comment

You're welcome, mate.

lid cleanser for control bacterial overgrow
          most/many doctors in USA recommend Avenova with pure HOCL. there are many videos at youTube.

organic apple cider vinegar: curious to know how it works. please let us know the results. good luck

Comment

Thanks for the information, will do!

Comment

Working...
            X