Meibomian glands visible?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meibomian glands visible?!

im curious, are we meant to see our meibomian glands when we pull our eyelids down? When I pull my eyelids down I see them some are different lengths but not very long. They are also really yellow, is this normal? I’m not referring to ‘capping’ either just the glands running down the inner eyelid.

I think the only way to see the conditions of your gland is to do lipiview. Mine was short as well but when I did lipiview, my doctor said they are mostly healthy

Comment

Were yours really yellow? I don’t know if that means mine are fully blocked or not? I’ve had gland expressions and they say not much comes out but what does is clear. Maybe they’re internally blocked? I will probably have to get lipiview done

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post
        I think the only way to see the conditions of your gland is to do lipiview. Mine was short as well but when I did lipiview, my doctor said they are mostly healthy
        Minor correction, any meibography (i.e., Keratograph 5M or LipiView) can see the glands. LipiView is just a branded variant of meibography.

Comment

Ah okay I was thinking it was something diffferent. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X