Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it common for night time eye ointment to irritate ones eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it common for night time eye ointment to irritate ones eyes?

I was putting Lacri-lube in my eyes from 2008-2013, and I had no problems, then I stopped putting ointment in when my lid was lowered. I have had it raised slightly last year.so I need to put ointment in my eyes, lacri lube doesn't exist anymore so I used Vtia pos/Hycosan preservative free ointment and that makes my eyes red upon waking. I have also Tried Xailin Night time gel and I get the same thing.

It this common, or is there an underlying eye issue?

From what I have experienced, and heard, it is fairly common to be irritated by them. I haven't found an ointment I can tolerate so use gels and goggles instead.

Comment

This is common, especially with hycosan night time gel. Last night after applying the ointment to my right eye, I felt burning for a while afterwards. But, most nights it works ok. It’s unlikely that it’s the ointment making your eyes red in the morning, it’s just because they are drying out overnight. Have you considered wearing moisture goggles, or if too uncomfortable, just set up a humidifier at your bed side. I recently set up a humidifier and it feels great

Alot of other sufferers have had success with genteal gel. Xailin was horrible and made my eyes really burn.

Might also be the way you apply it. Maybe if u apply a small amount a few times instead of filling the entire lower eye lid at once

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        This is common, especially with hycosan night time gel. Last night after applying the ointment to my right eye, I felt burning for a while afterwards. But, most nights it works ok. It’s unlikely that it’s the ointment making your eyes red in the morning, it’s just because they are drying out overnight. Have you considered wearing moisture goggles, or if too uncomfortable, just set up a humidifier at your bed side. I recently set up a humidifier and it feels great

Alot of other sufferers have had success with genteal gel. Xailin was horrible and made my eyes really burn.

Might also be the way you apply it. Maybe if u apply a small amount a few times instead of filling the entire lower eye lid at once
        It's definitely the reason my eye are red when I wake. If I don't apply the gel, and wear the googles instead they're not half as bad. Only problem is, i often rip the googles off in my sleep

Comment

Fair enough. Then you’re just going to have to try another gel. That’s what I’m going to do!

Comment

Working...
          X