Excessive blinking- very painful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive blinking- very painful

I have been suffering with dry eyes for around 3 years off and on. I recently started a new job, spend all day at a computer with hot dry AC. I have quick tear breakup and my eyes feel very sore. One of the worse things is that I blink a crazy amount, it makes my eyes tired and inflamed. All the muscles in my face ache from blinking, I get headaches, feel sick and struggle to concentrate (not good as my work involves accurate data entry).

It is completely ruining my life, I feel unsociable at work because I just want the day to end so I can go home and rest my eyes. I've had to take days off when it's been really bad too. I've cancelled seeing my friends and going out because I'm in so much pain.

I have been using preservative-free eye drops (up to 10 times a day), taking omega 3 and doing hot compresses every day for a month with little improvement. I just got a referral to the eye hospital today, I'm hoping they can do something to help my situation.

In the meantime, does any one else suffer with excessive blinking and how can it be relieved?

Hi Laura,

I am curious to know if you wear any form of moisture retaining glasses when doing your computer work?

Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X