No announcement yet.

Good docs or hospitals in NYC for DES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good docs or hospitals in NYC for DES?

Need one urgently. Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by Deniz
    Need one urgently. Thanks for your help.

Dr. Latkany is a very good and highly respected doctor who specializes in the treatment of dry eye. Many of us see him including myself...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ75
      Dr. Latkany is a very good and highly respected doctor who specializes in the treatment of dry eye. Many of us see him including myself...
      Many thanks for your quick response. Would you say he is better than doctors at the NY Ear and Eye Infirmary? Thx!

Cheers,

Deniz

Comment

What's up Deniz,
        I live in Toronto but have flown down to NY last month to see Dr. Latkany. He's seems like a good man, and he's supposed to be at the forfront of dry eye treatment (he holds the patent for Tranquileyes and Panoptx). His site also states that, "He founded and is the director of the Dry Eye Clinic at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, the first Dry Eye Clinic in the tri-state area" (dryeyedoctor.com). On the site, it says that they are conducting dry eye clinical trials, so if you live in the area, you might want to take a look at that (free treatment, and you might find something that helps). The add is on the bottom, right side of the homepage, under Deep Blue Sea Eye Care Products. I hope this helps.

Reggie
        FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie
          (he holds the patent for Tranquileyes and Panoptx).
          I think that this is incorrect in both cases. He is however a strong supporter of both for dry eye patients and is involved in research using them.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie
            What's up Deniz,
            I live in Toronto but have flown down to NY last month to see Dr. Latkany. He's seems like a good man, and he's supposed to be at the forfront of dry eye treatment (he holds the patent for Tranquileyes and Panoptx). His site also states that, "He founded and is the director of the Dry Eye Clinic at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, the first Dry Eye Clinic in the tri-state area" (dryeyedoctor.com). On the site, it says that they are conducting dry eye clinical trials, so if you live in the area, you might want to take a look at that (free treatment, and you might find something that helps). The add is on the bottom, right side of the homepage, under Deep Blue Sea Eye Care Products. I hope this helps.

Reggie
            Wow.. This is impressive. I will definitely give him a call thanks JJ75 and Reggie!

Cheers,

Deniz

Comment

i went to this doctors website and wonder if he offers anythng other than the conventional treatments as i have already tried everything mentioned on his site.

Comment

NY docs

I see Penny Asbell at Mt. Sinai. They do clinical trials out of her office. I have also seen Linsey Farris at Columbia -- an older doc, but good with therapeutic remedies such as compresses, humidifiers and the like.

Comment

Can you tell us what Penny Asbell does to help you and if she offers more than traditional treatments? THank you.

Comment

She doesn't do that much to help me -- but none of the doctors I have seen have! In my experience, they look at your eyes for two minutes, tell you to keep using compresses and drops and use eyelid hygiene. Having said that, she prescribed doxy eye drops for me. They didn't work for me, but maybe they will for others. Beware though, they are costly -- about $75 per bottle.

Comment

Working...
                    X