Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has helped your dry eyes the most? Desperate to find something to help mine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys really need to start taking liquid fish oil. I take about 4500mg per day and I have noticed a huge difference after the first week. It helps so much wit inflammation. Taking the fish oil pills doesn't do the trick because there just isn't enough of the active ingredient to do anything. You'd had to take about 12 pills vs just taking a tablespoon of liquid.

Comment

I stopped using my g-midifier when it wasn't sending out moisture as fast as the powered humidifiers. I never thought of putting it in front of my space heater though! I have to try that! At least my good cereal bowl won't get all coated with scale that way.

Comment

Originally posted by grandsporta View Post
        You guys really need to start taking liquid fish oil. I take about 4500mg per day and I have noticed a huge difference after the first week. It helps so much wit inflammation. Taking the fish oil pills doesn't do the trick because there just isn't enough of the active ingredient to do anything. You'd had to take about 12 pills vs just taking a tablespoon of liquid.
        Hey. What specific type/brand do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
          A meibography is a good diagnostic tool for lipid problems. Warm compresses can help greatly but in my case I needed meibomian gland probing which really, really helped. It's a controversial procedure but in my case thankfully it worked. It is an invasive procedure so I would exhaust all other options first. Fish oil and flax oil as far as supplementals go for me, among other things. I also noticed a huge increase in lipid flow after a few weeks of nightly Cliridex on the lids. Finally I'm on a low lose of minocycline. I don't know how much that is helping but I keep getting progressively better and don't really want to rock the boat. Good Luck!
          Why is probing controversial? Because of the potential of scarring? I was thinking of having it done by a doc that only uses 1 and 2mm probes...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m4shore View Post
            Hey. What specific type/brand do you use?
            I just went to the Vitamin Shoppe and they have their own brand but it is the same as the Carlson Fish oil. They are both very high quality. No additives and all active ingredient. To give you an idea, one pill of fish oil contains about 300mg of active fish oil ingredient ((DHA and EPA) while one teaspoon of high quality liquid fish oil contains 1500mg. I basically take about one tablespoon with a protein shake every morning and have noticed a HUGE difference in inflammation with my eyes in about a week. So I am taking about 5500mg per day.

Comment

Originally posted by grandsporta View Post
              I just went to the Vitamin Shoppe and they have their own brand but it is the same as the Carlson Fish oil. They are both very high quality. No additives and all active ingredient. To give you an idea, one pill of fish oil contains about 300mg of active fish oil ingredient ((DHA and EPA) while one teaspoon of high quality liquid fish oil contains 1500mg. I basically take about one tablespoon with a protein shake every morning and have noticed a HUGE difference in inflammation with my eyes in about a week. So I am taking about 5500mg per day.
              How much of the combined DHA,EPA do you take a day? I was told to only pay attention to this number as opposed to the mg of the whole dose. I take about 3600 combined DHA and EPA a day and have been taking it for about half a year, before that I was taking a smaller dose. I cant tell if it has helped or not but there is research to indicate that omega-3 does help.

There is a research article published in an academic journal where the participants took 6,000 mg of flax seed oil a day, for one year and their symptoms improved (in case anyone is interested in the details: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646454/). Id like to know what the equivalent dosage of fish oil is.

Comment

Originally posted by L8rgator View Post
                I stopped using my g-midifier when it wasn't sending out moisture as fast as the powered humidifiers. I never thought of putting it in front of my space heater though! I have to try that! At least my good cereal bowl won't get all coated with scale that way.
                The room needs to be small (mine is 10 x 10) and then g-midifier should work well. To enhance the calming effect, its wonderful to smear a tiny bit pure-quality mint-oil on temples, or else White tiger-balm or VapoRub. (In fact, that's what motivated me to try Rohto-Hydra, which turned out to be HORRIFIC for me. Unlike mint on temples.

But g-midifier works well only if you are situated not far from its position,
                ...and ONLY if its placed right near the hot-air-source.

As for the MGP probing, I think the risk is the inflammation, from what I've gathered. And I personally know that exposure to UV (including computer monitors) can impede healing of post-surgical invasive procedures. Its what happened after my biopsy. I felt "sizzling" of the scar area when prolongedly in front of my computer.

Thus the breast-scar didn't heal properly.

But the breast area is a far cry from eyes. Eyes are scarier, so why not err on the side of caution, and minimize computer exposure after MGP? That's aside from the brite lites in stores such as Walmart. (addressed to those brave ones who take the plunge.
                Last edited by Minni; 21-Jan-2015, 21:33.
                CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X