Tobradex ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobradex ST

Anyone tried this for blepharitis/MGD? (not the same as regular tobradex, it should be more effective in treating acute blepharitis)

Maybe I should explain myself a bit:
    I have been on doxy, restasis, blinking exercises, IPL (vascular laser) sessions etc... for months and my eyes have been going from bad, to almost reasonable to bad again every so often.
    So I was thinking, maybe I could try something stronger once in a while to treat the acute inflammation and get my MG's working again.
    Maybe that will get me out of that vicious circle of dryness and inflammation.
    I just have the feeling that I'm doing everything right and I should be improving - and sometimes I am - but I still need some push that will really get me there.
    I mean: my MG's are open, they are working and producing clear oil, but only a limited quantity.
    And I can't get rid of that chronic inner eyelid redness/inflammation that is apparently causing my MGD

So I googled Tobradex, and I stumbled across a new formulation of it, Tobradex ST.
    It's supposed to be more viscous and therefore more effective.
    The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect is spread out over the course of several hours, instead of being washed away by tears in seconds like any regular drop.
    This is one of the articles about it that I read: http://www.refractiveeyecare.com/201...aying-power-2/ (I hope I'm allowed to post it here)

I've had some minor succes with Tobradex a few years back when my problems started.
    But I never considered going back to it, because it only helped for a few weeks
    In those days, I just wanted a quick fix and Tobradex, as a stand-alone treatment, just didn't last.
    Of course back then, I also had poor lid hygiene, pc use and blinking habits and I wasn't on Restasis.
    I have realised now that since this condition is chronic, it might be worth to try this again in combination with the rest of my treatments.

So if anyone has tried this for (posterior) blepharitis/MGD/dry eye, I would be glad to know if it helped or not.
    Also, does anyone know if the ST version is available in Europe?

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

Working...
      X