Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ML7 eye drops for MGD - yet to go through human clinial trials

Hey,

Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on these drops (link below) that have been through animal testing phase, sorry if someone has already mentioned them, in the animal trials the "the tarsal (or meibomian) glands were seen to return to normal, with no further inflammation or dilation and a protective effect was observed", apparently this hasnt been seen before.

Sometimes things like this sound too good to be true or the human clinical trials never actually happen and you hear no more about the drops.

Cath x

http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...-syndrome.aspx
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
    Hey,

Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on these drops (link below) that have been through animal testing phase, sorry if someone has already mentioned them, in the animal trials the "the tarsal (or meibomian) glands were seen to return to normal, with no further inflammation or dilation and a protective effect was observed", apparently this hasnt been seen before.

Sometimes things like this sound too good to be true or the human clinical trials never actually happen and you hear no more about the drops.

Cath x

Interesting. Is it better than Dr.Holly-based Freshkote?
    Or Hylo[whatever]
    or Restasis?
    Or Prokera?

The latter is supposed to heal cornea, right?
    So ML7 does that as well?

I'd love to see a comparison chart of the most promising stuff for eyes to-date, and what they're best for.
    CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
      Hey,

Cath x

Apparently, often the clinical trials do happen, but are not published if they were not successfull.

Apparently, a lot of drugs of dubious benefit get approved because the drug company has run trial after trial until they get a positive outcome (which could be due to chance), the unsuccessful trials are buried.

This is for prescription drugs, I can only imagine how bad things are for over the counter drops. Many make a lot of claims that are probably simply not true, such as "Proven to provide relief for X hours", when they really should say something like "Make help relieve symptoms in some patients". Perhaps we should take these products back when they don't work as we were promised?

I am guessing things like restasis probably have heaps of negative trials that patients and Drs will never know about.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy View Post
        Apparently, often the clinical trials do happen, but are not published if they were not successfull.

Apparently, a lot of drugs of dubious benefit get approved because the drug company has run trial after trial until they get a positive outcome (which could be due to chance), the unsuccessful trials are buried.

This is for prescription drugs, I can only imagine how bad things are for over the counter drops. Many make a lot of claims that are probably simply not true, such as "Proven to provide relief for X hours", when they really should say something like "Make help relieve symptoms in some patients". Perhaps we should take these products back when they don't work as we were promised?

I am guessing things like restasis probably have heaps of negative trials that patients and Drs will never know about.
        So it's a good thing that Net Neutrality just won, hmm?? FOR NOW! But for how much longer?

I bet you'd love the CounterThink cartoons, if you've not seen them yet.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Million-Dollar-Woman_600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	155803
        CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

if they just completed animal trials last month, they have not conducted human trials yet. if they announce the human trial, but then never publish, the drug likely failed.

Comment

Working...
          X