Dipyridamole drops work! interesting study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipyridamole drops work! interesting study

I found this article while I was researching dipyridamole. There are many cases related to pterygium, redness, dryness and it is successful in treating it. Here is the link. This is a great breakthrough!

http://www.google.com/patents/WO2014141079A1?cl=en

RESULTS:

[0027] Five human males suffering from GvHD-related dry eye were treated with one drop of Formulation A bilaterally twice daily. Subjective relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within half an hour. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After 3 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared. [0028] Two human females suffering from diabetes-related dry eye were treated with one drop of Formulation C bilaterally twice daily. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within an hour. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After 5 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared.

[0029] A human female suffering from diabetes-related dry eye was treated with one drop of Formulation B bilaterally once every other day. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within twenty minutes. The patient required subsequent application once every other day. After 10 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared. Maintenance continued with administration once every other day.

[0030] A human male suffering from a viral eye infection with corneal ulcer was treated with one drop of Formulation B bilaterally twice daily. Exudation ceased within 8 hours. The patient required subsequent application twice daily. After 4 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared, and the eye was completely healed within 5 days.

[0031] A human male suffering in one eye from pterygium, with related dry eye and pink eye, was treated with one drop of Formulation B twice daily. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within one day. The patient required subsequent application twice daily. After 10 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared. After 6 weeks of use, the ptyregium shrank by about half its size, and continued to decrease in size with ongoing use.

[0032] A human female suffering in one eye from pterygium, with related dry eye and inflammation, was treated with one drop of Formulation C twice daily. Relief from the dry- eye symptoms was attained within two days. The patient required subsequent application twice daily. After 8 weeks of use, the ptyregium shrank by about half its size, and continued to decrease in size with ongoing use.

[0033] A human male suffering from a deep corneal ulcer with stromal involvement in one eye was treated with one drop of Formulation A three times daily. Relief from pain and irritation was attained within 24 hours. The patient required subsequent application twice daily. After 7 days of use, the cornea had completely reepithelialized.

[0034] Three females suffering from diabetes-related corneal anesthesia (neurotrophic keratopathy) were treated with one drop of Formulation C daily. Symptoms of corneal anesthesia began improving within 2-3 days. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After about 3 weeks of use, the patients reported complete relief of symptoms.

[0035] One male suffering from diabetes-related neovascularization was treated with one drop of Formulation A twice daily. When examined after 4 weeks of use, the abnormal vessels were no longer visible by slit-lamp examination.

[0036] Two human males suffering from a viral eye infection with corneal abrasion (i.e., the onset of a corneal ulcer) were treated with one drop of Formulation A bilaterally twice daily. Exudation ceased within 5 hours. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After 2-3 days of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared, and the eyes were completely healed within 5-6 days.

[0037] A human female suffering from a corneal ulcer in one eye was treated with one drop of Formulation A twice daily. Relief from pain and irritation was attained within one day. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After 7 days of use, the ulcer had healed completely.

[0038] Four human males suffering from diabetes-related dry eye were treated with one drop of Formulation A bilaterally twice daily. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained on average within half an hour. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After an average of one week of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) completely disappeared.

[0039] Two females suffering from diabetes-related corneal anesthesia were treated with one drop of Formulation A daily. Symptoms of corneal anesthesia started improving within 2 days. After approximately one week of use, the patients reported complete relief of symptoms.

[0040] A human male suffering from diabetes-related neovascularization was treated with one drop of Formulation C twice daily. The patient required subsequent application twice daily. When examined after 16 days of use, the abnormal vessels were no longer visible by slit-lamp photography examination.

[0041] Six human patients suffering from GvHD-related dry eye were treated with one drop of Formulation C bilaterally twice daily. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within one hour. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After an average of one week of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared.

[0042] A human male suffering from anterior uveitis in both eyes was treated with one drop of Formulation C three times daily. Relief from pain was attained within three days. Blurred vision was resolved within 7 days. Inflammation appeared to be completely resolved within 14 days. The patient continued subsequent application twice daily to maintain remission.

[0043] A human male suffering from anterior uveitis in both eyes was treated with one drop of Formulation B three times daily. Relief from pain was attained within two days. Blurred vision was resolved within 14 days. Inflammation appeared to be completely resolved within 18 days. The patient continued subsequent application twice daily to maintain remission.

[0044] Three human patients suffering from GvHD-related dry eye were treated with one drop of Formulation D bilaterally twice daily. Relief from the dry-eye symptoms was attained within one hour. The patients required subsequent application twice daily. After an average of one week of use, redness in the eye (or pink eye) disappeared.

i think this is a patent application not a research study. Until they conduct large scale human clinical trials, I would be skeptical.

Comment

Hi grant,

I am a consumer of these drops and I can safely say they are working for me. I am also speaking to two other people who are using them and they are both experiencing less dryness/redness.

The patent application is part of the research study and on the clinical trials they have conducted the drops seem to work.

Maybe peoples experiences might differ but they have helped mine - they are not fully recovered yet but I am hopeful.

Comment

Hi Claire - thanks for your response. I don't doubt that they will work in some circumstances - but do they work in 10% of people or 80%? And which conditions? I have tried looking for clinical trials with no success - were they done in the US? Or somewhere else? I didn't think they had reached the clinical trial stage yet given that its relatively new and they just filed the patent.

Comment

Originally posted by grant555 View Post
          Hi Claire - thanks for your response. I don't doubt that they will work in some circumstances - but do they work in 10% of people or 80%? And which conditions? I have tried looking for clinical trials with no success - were they done in the US? Or somewhere else? I didn't think they had reached the clinical trial stage yet given that its relatively new and they just filed the patent.
          Hi,

Unfortunately I do not know the percentages/conditions but I believe, to my knowledge, that most of the groundwork was carried out in the US.

The patent was released early last year, what I would advise is to get in touch with MedInSight to ask more questions in regards to the trials and research.

I can only speak of my experience and I can only suggest not to be skeptical until you know more (or have tried them!) if you wish to pm me I can show you pics of my recovery.

Comment

Working...
          X