Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 plugs vs 2

hi,
    I was wondering how many of you find having all four tear ducts plugged helpful and in what way? Reduces burning etc?

I have improved from where I was, I find now that if I知 in my home I can mostly get through the day without drops. However on Tuesday I went to the shopping centre for a few hours and it irritated my eyes and I feel like I知 still recovering. So I知 feeling very down again, as I知 feeling pretty house bound.

I have my bottom ducts plugged, have been having IPL, and have started with ikervis about 6 weeks ago. my TBT has apparently gone from 2 to 6 seconds. I知 thinking about having the uppers plugged as well, just looking for a bit of advice.
    Thanks

First, do you wear moisture chamber glasses or something similar when you go out?

for your question im also very interested. Ive had a few people recommend getting punctul plugs for more tears. I also get IPL and have seen some improvement.

Comment

Does plug affect the TBUT?

Comment

I had my lower ones plugged, and it only sort of helped. Now in my left eye my upper and lower ones are occluded. In my right eye, just my upper one is occluded. I did this to compare.
        It turns out, for me only my upper puncta make a difference. My lower ones don't even make proper contact with my eye, they are not doing much anyway. I'm no longer in pain. But my eyes are still red. Although, they were white for 2 weeks after I plugged my upper puncta. Still looking for an answer to why this happened.

Comment

When it comes to plugs you really have to experiment. I had the uppers plugged and it made no difference, then I had the lowers only plugged and that made no difference. Then I had them both plugged and bingo, that made a real difference. I subsequently had the uppers cauterized but will stay with plugs on the lowers in the unlikely event that I get so good that I need some drainage. Because we are all different, unless you try it for yourself you will not know what helps and what doesn't.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I think I will give uppers a go, I知 just a bit concerned that I知 only about 6 weeks into using ikervis and I致e read restasis doesn稚 work if you have plugs, although I知 not sure why this would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven93 View Post
              I had my lower ones plugged, and it only sort of helped. Now in my left eye my upper and lower ones are occluded. In my right eye, just my upper one is occluded. I did this to compare.
              It turns out, for me only my upper puncta make a difference. My lower ones don't even make proper contact with my eye, they are not doing much anyway. I'm no longer in pain. But my eyes are still red. Although, they were white for 2 weeks after I plugged my upper puncta. Still looking for an answer to why this happened.
              Are you saying you are pain free with double plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Are you saying you are pain free with double plugs?
                yes! Its a huge step forward

Comment

Originally posted by Raven93 View Post

yes! Its a huge step forward
                  That is promising. Can you wander in the mall or go to restaurant with the plug as well?

Comment

Raven93 im interested in the above question as well. As I seem to be ok if I知 at home, but when I go out, everything goes downhill. Are things ok when you池e out and about?

Comment

My eyes are still red, but I'm not in pain any more. I can go out to restaurants and other places. My eyes were perfectly white for about two weeks, and then they went back to being red. I don't know why. If anyone knows, I will be so grateful.

Comment

Working...
                      X