Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low tear production and/or an allergy causing inflammation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alix
    replied
    I see, are you still on Ikervis now?

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt0029
    replied
    I think the predisnole O.5 has been the only thing that has cured me. Was on it for 2 months when I started on ikervis. My eyes were just about perfect on that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt0029
    replied
    Thanks I've had the silicon plugs in before. I could try these again. My left eye I can no longer have a plug as the duct was cut open to remove one that was pushed my too far in. My eyes never itch so not sure if I have a allergy? But had the papillary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alix
    replied
    I have been on 2 courses of steroid drops which lasted 6 weeks each, once on FML and once on predisnole, in conjunction with opathanol and catacrom.
    The inflammation came back immediately each time I stopped using the steroid drops. Disappointing but not surprising, as they just help to manage inflammation, they do not cure it.

    That is why some of the doctors I have seen have recommended I use steroid eye drops long term to control my inflammation but I have refused each time because I am afraid of the side effects.

    Have you tried temporary punctal plugs? If not I would recommend you do so, as when I had them inserted, my eyes became very itchy due to allergens getting trapped so I had to have the removed. If I had had them permanently cauterised it would have been a disaster. I am surprised your doctor suggested cauterisation considering you have allergies.

    Leave a comment:


  • Matt0029
    replied
    Thank you. I am back on steroids and possibly doing a puntual catuery after my next appointment. I have to start tempering off the steroid, softacort after two weeks. I'm frightened the imflammation will come back it did last time after a course of predisnole. It's amazing how good my vision is when the inflammation has cleared. I think my surgeon is abit hesitant about doing an occulsion since finding the papillary as there maybe an allergic component to me ocular problems. The papillary had gone at my last check up I was on opthanol for 2 weeks no change the fml for 2 weeks. I'm now on softacort. Eyes are less imflammed but still sore an dry.
    Last edited by Matt0029; 29-Oct-2018, 12:58.

    Leave a comment:


  • Alix
    replied
    After consulting over 10 different doctors, and being given various different diagnoses, I have come to the conclusion that at least in my case, eye inflammation is caused not by just one factor but by various different ones, which is why it is so hard to manage. At one point I was on catacrom (for allergy), steroid eye drops (to control inflammation), doxycycline and lubristil all at the same time.
    My tear production is ok, my main issue is poor quality lipids but I also have papillary like you. It sounds like your inflammation may also be caused by multiple factors i.e. allergy and aqueous deficiency.

    Leave a comment:


  • Low tear production and/or an allergy causing inflammation

    I have low tear production and inflammation but since my doc found papillary under my eye lids he thinks there maybe an allergy effecting my eyes too. My tear production is low 4mm in one eye. Any one had a similar problem at identifying what is causing the inflammation?
Working...
X