• 1 lipiflow
    • 2 manual expression

I also changed my regimen as follow:
    • Stopped Xiidra
    • Started Restasis
    • Stopped warm compress and I think it was making my inflammation worse
    • Stopped Doxy
    • I had plug when I did my first Lipiview

Today I did Lipiview and my LLT in right eye actually went down from 70 to 35. Is it because of Plug. The doctor that did IPL for me she said it can be because of Plug. I do not if I should believe it or not. The ophtamalogist said the number from Lipiview is not that trust able. Some people feel perfectly fine with low number.

If I remember you have rosacea correct? I’d say warm compress is bad for rosacea and cold is good. Have you tried cold compress yet? Dr latkany stated in his book, a cold compress 3 times a day was as effective as artificial tears 4 times a day. I had success with it when my inflammation was bad a few weeks ago.

I think the plug could actually cause more inflammation in the glands. Do you have MGD and aqueous deficiency? What was your Schirmer score? I feel that with my MGD, anything that irritates the glands will cause issues. My problem is related to mechanical rubbing of the eyelid, so more mechanical stress wouldn’t be good.

The fact that it went down, literally in half, is disconcerting. Do you feel better or worse? Some people with already low numbers may not feel their eyes are dry. But I would presume if you’re having problems, the likelihood the number going down would equate to feeling good is slim imho (although I’m sure it happens, because the disease is multifactorial). Where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
      If I remember you have rosacea correct? I’d say warm compress is bad for rosacea and cold is good. Have you tried cold compress yet? Dr latkany stated in his book, a cold compress 3 times a day was as effective as artificial tears 4 times a day. I had success with it when my inflammation was bad a few weeks ago.

I think the plug could actually cause more inflammation in the glands. Do you have MGD and aqueous deficiency? What was your Schirmer score? I feel that with my MGD, anything that irritates the glands will cause issues. My problem is related to mechanical rubbing of the eyelid, so more mechanical stress wouldn’t be good.

The fact that it went down, literally in half, is disconcerting. Do you feel better or worse? Some people with already low numbers may not feel their eyes are dry. But I would presume if you’re having problems, the likelihood the number going down would equate to feeling good is slim imho (although I’m sure it happens, because the disease is multifactorial). Where are you from?
      I was doing cold compress for a while but I stopped it. I have more problem with my left eye than right. I do have AD and I am going to try plug another time.

Recently I get headaches from dry eye. When I walk in a mall or there air moving around I feel my head feels heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

I was doing cold compress for a while but I stopped it. I have more problem with my left eye than right. I do have AD and I am going to try plug another time.

Recently I get headaches from dry eye. When I walk in a mall or there air moving around I feel my head feels heavy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEs5z9BAiGQ

watch this video, around the half way point, she talks about how bad MGD causes pain and pressure in the head. Which can lead to headaches of course. This may be related to the low LLT....when did the headaches start happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEs5z9BAiGQ

watch this video, around the half way point, she talks about how bad MGD causes pain and pressure in the head. Which can lead to headaches of course. This may be related to the low LLT....when did the headaches start happening?
          The headache started recently. Last few weeks. I had it before but it is more frequent now.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

The headache started recently. Last few weeks. I had it before but it is more frequent now.
            Did anything change the last few weeks, food, stress, medication?

Comment

I have under a lot of stress since my lasik. I do not know if I am seeing its effect right now?

I was also doing Rosacea diet but I got depressed that it is not working so I stopped it.

Do you know if Xiidra can help with MGD?
              Should I take Xiidra and restasis together?

Comment

I went to check my lipid layer today again. My left 27 and right 36.

they suggest doing another two rounds. Should I give it another try or stop IPL all together? This is so frustrating.

Comment

Has your blink improved any, as I recall you are very much a partial blinker and had been doing blink exercises. That could account for your LLT being poor. If your oils are still thick, personally I would continue with more IPL. Have you questioned the Dr about whether or not probing would help in your case. I remember someone, it may have been Pythonidler who had several IPL which didn't help and then had probing and more IPl and got results.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                    Has your blink improved any, as I recall you are very much a partial blinker and had been doing blink exercises. That could account for your LLT being poor. If your oils are still thick, personally I would continue with more IPL. Have you questioned the Dr about whether or not probing would help in your case. I remember someone, it may have been Pythonidler who had several IPL which didn't help and then had probing and more IPl and got results.
                    My blink is much better.Previously, 80% of my blink where partial now it is just 50%.

She says, I have think oil especially from right eye. Left eye was a bit worse. I did not ask about probing but will do next time I visit her. I do not know why LLT went down so much after doing all these IPL lipiflow and etc. Slowly losing my hope

Comment

I understand how that could be disconcerting but hang in there at least until you have finished the series. I wouldn't put too much weight on one reading as that can change very quickly. I doubt that you will continue to decline. I am happy to hear your blink is better but with 50% you still have a ways to go. Keep doing the exercises religiously, set your alarm if you have to as a reminder. why did you stop the Xiidra?

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                        I understand how that could be disconcerting but hang in there at least until you have finished the series. I wouldn't put too much weight on one reading as that can change very quickly. I doubt that you will continue to decline. I am happy to hear your blink is better but with 50% you still have a ways to go. Keep doing the exercises religiously, set your alarm if you have to as a reminder. why did you stop the Xiidra?
                        I thought it was not working. Should I take xiidra and restasis together?

Comment

It might be better to try them one at a time since you wouldn't know which was helping if you were to improve so for the time being I would stick to the restasis. Did you use the Xiidra twice a day? Personally I used Restasis for a couple of years but didn't notice much of a difference. Xiidra on the other had seems to be helping quite a lot. Of course we are all different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another so you just have to try. If you gave Xiidra a good try like using it twice a day for 6 months then it would be reasonable to conclude that it was not going to ever make a difference and I wouldn't waste any more money on it. By the way it was much cheaper at Costco as was Restasis.

Comment

I tried Xiidra for 3 months. Since I stopped it I think my situation got worse.

Comment

Don't read too much into the LipiView results. The disease has very high variance.

IMO, Xiidra is a good drug for reducing inflammation. You might want to give Restasis+Xiidra a try, some patients (myself) respond better when on both drugs. They have different mechanism of action. I am currently on monthly-IPL and BID Restasis+Xiidra.

Comment

Working...
                              X