Azasite at a lower price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azasite at a lower price

For those of you who use Azasite, and your insurance does not cover it, covers very little, or you do not have insurance, there's a mail order pharmacy that charges $45 maximum per 2.5mm bottle. A different eye drop I am taking for another eye condition will no longer be covered by my insurance in 2019 and will cost me almost $200/month, so when I called my doctor's office to check if he could prescribe alternate drops that would be covered, they told me about this pharmacy charging $45 maximum for my current drops. I just happened to also see Azasite with the same deal, so wanted to pass this on to the forum.

https://www.eaglepharmacy.com/drug/azasite-r

Hi may I ask you how long you have been using this for and do you think it is helping you?
    I am UK based and have been using Azyter which I believe is the same as Azasite, but my eyes become very bloodshot and burn when I use this.
    I have to use the drops for 3 days a week for one month.
    Did you have this reaction as well? I am wondering whether to continue using it as the burning is unbearable and there has been no improvement in my condition (evaporative dry eye/MGD) so far.
    If it is supposed to take time to work I would consider carrying on with it....

Comment

Hi Alix. I used Azasite for a few months several years ago and did not have any irritation from it. It also did not help me at all, but I found out later that many of my glands had scar tissue, so nothing I did was working because of this.

I think others in this forum have/are using Azasite, so can chime in with their experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
        Hi may I ask you how long you have been using this for and do you think it is helping you?
        I am UK based and have been using Azyter which I believe is the same as Azasite, but my eyes become very bloodshot and burn when I use this.
        I have to use the drops for 3 days a week for one month.
        Did you have this reaction as well? I am wondering whether to continue using it as the burning is unbearable and there has been no improvement in my condition (evaporative dry eye/MGD) so far.
        If it is supposed to take time to work I would consider carrying on with it....
        I was directed to apply azyter on my eyelid margins only, which I found very effective. It did sting and cause red eyes when I got it in them.

Comment

Thank you both. I don't remember the doctor saying anything about applying Azyter on the eyelid margins only.
          The instructions which came with the eyedrops say apply it onto the eye.

I'll see what happens next time I use it and if there is no improvement, I'll stop and move onto something else.

Comment

Azyter is ridiculously cheap for those with access to it (i.e., in EU) and costs tens of dollars per month. Its also better than AzaSite since Azyter is preservative free.

Here in Canada, we don't have Azyter nor AzaSite, however we can get it compounded, and it costs around $30 per month.

Comment

Working...
            X