Replies to stupid comments by family/friends/coworkers/doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replies to stupid comments by family/friends/coworkers/doctors

Post stupid comments you've had and how to reply here! I'll start with mine - "you don't have obvious blepharitis (so there's nothing wrong)", how would you all reply to that?
    prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Originally posted by justbob View Post
    Post stupid comments you've had and how to reply here! I'll start with mine - "you don't have obvious blepharitis (so there's nothing wrong)", how would you all reply to that?
    How do you know what Blepharitis is? How do you know I DON'T have it?

Recently at a train ticket station, "Can you take your glasses off for me please?" Answer: "No I wear them for a medical reason", "Oh what's wrong with you? - "I have dry eyes".... "Oh is that all".

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post

Recently at a train ticket station, "Can you take your glasses off for me please?" Answer: "No I wear them for a medical reason", "Oh what's wrong with you? - "I have dry eyes".... "Oh is that all".
      I dont even use the term dry eye anymore because that would be anyone's natural reaction. I say something to the extent of having an eye disorder, and if they ask any details I can go into depth.

Comment

The people who work at my bank make me take off my sealed sunglasses. (They were robbed last year.) My fav is "have you tried eyedrops?" MGD30 I love your strategy. I'd tell them I have keratoconjunctivitis sicca, but can't say it!

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
          Yes they know what it is, but that's all they understand, to them it's perfectly healthy or 100% raging blepharitis, if some kind of oil comes out when prodded it must all be good (and any problem in my head).
          prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Comment

'Chronic eye inflammation and no tear film' usually makes 'em wince as they start to imagine what that would be like, especially if they've ever had eye pain.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
            X