Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Alix
    if blinking is not helping, possible reasons:
    you may not blink properly - good to ask doctor to check & make sure you blink accurately too
    maybe other issues ??

Comment

Thank you both.

@ebi1368 This is encouraging, I will force myself to carry on.
      @MGD1701 I was told by the doctor that I do blink properly when I am told to blink, so I am capable of doing full blinks. The problem is I hardly have any glands left in my upper eyelids, so even when I do full blinks, the lipid layer is never adequate.

The answer to my prayers would be the invention of a drug to be injected in eyelids which regenerates atrophied meibomian glands.

Comment

glands
        I see the problem now. sorry to hear that. Are you sure both upper lids? Did doctor comment why?
        because one expert told me lower and uppers are the similiar
        when he answered my question (why he only took image for lower lids).

Prof. Gupta showed image of one of her patients who only has 10% glands left on lower -
        this patient has each gland all but only 10%.
        what is why when Prof. expressed glands, still some oils come out.
        Last edited by MGD1701; 19-Nov-2018, 16:28.

Comment

Yes I am 100% sure. I had Lipiview done, and saw on the screen only 3-4 full glands in each upper eyelid, the rest were atrophied.
          The lower eyelids look "normal".

I had worn contact lenses for a long time before that, so the rubbing mechanism must have destroyed the upper glands, and the partial blinking did not help matters.

Comment

Working...
          X