Anyone had success with IPL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

Its just my optician has said I won't get seen for allergy shots because it's not a major thing. Catacrom did use to work im going into ketofall. Irs just if ketofall does the same as catacrom im well and truly screwed.

it's merely several years and no relief is getting to me more so. My depression has been up and down since dry eyes... and i already had existing depression due to personal circumstances.

I asked about inflammation and had asked too many questions. I forgot to ask about antibiotics. My allergies were managed by catacrom.but somehow its stopped working? Last visit was 7/8 tbut which is the best its been and got told I still have allergy bumps. So I think using catacrom for months helped then slowly stopped. I do know that treating my allergies and then adding fish oil helps counter dry Ness from allergy drops. It's just pushing it a bit more there.
    I understand the frustration and I’ve only been dealing with my condition for one year. I couldn’t have done this for 2-3 years. I have depression too, I’m bipolar and so that’s effected the way I handle this also. let me just say, if you start right now, you will be that much closer to feeling better. But the road will still be long because I’m going to suggest you find the cause of the allergy.

If you can find a good allergist and do a test to determine what you’re allergic to, you may not need catacrom or any allergy drug. You may find out your allergic to one simple thing. You may find out your allergic to everything. But no matter the result, you will then be able to implement a long term plan to control the allergies. I don’t think drops are a great idea because of the preservatives. So if you can safely treat this systemically, I think it’s the best option.

So honestly, I’d do the IPL for relief if you can afford it. But I believe you need to see a top allergist where you live. Get an entire allergy panel run and see what it says. Ask that doctor for their opinion and express you’re problems.

You have bumps om your lids too. You most likely need a course of steroids short term to control the allergy and then titrate into the long term treatment. I’m not a doctor, just suggesting what I think may help. But again, gotta find the cause. I think allergies may be your biggest issue. Especially cause you felt good on catacrom. Do you feel good on steroids too? I think you can feel a lot better once you get the right diagnosis and treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

I understand the frustration and I’ve only been dealing with my condition for one year. I couldn’t have done this for 2-3 years. I have depression too, I’m bipolar and so that’s effected the way I handle this also. let me just say, if you start right now, you will be that much closer to feeling better. But the road will still be long because I’m going to suggest you find the cause of the allergy.

If you can find a good allergist and do a test to determine what you’re allergic to, you may not need catacrom or any allergy drug. You may find out your allergic to one simple thing. You may find out your allergic to everything. But no matter the result, you will then be able to implement a long term plan to control the allergies. I don’t think drops are a great idea because of the preservatives. So if you can safely treat this systemically, I think it’s the best option.

So honestly, I’d do the IPL for relief if you can afford it. But I believe you need to see a top allergist where you live. Get an entire allergy panel run and see what it says. Ask that doctor for their opinion and express you’re problems.

You have bumps om your lids too. You most likely need a course of steroids short term to control the allergy and then titrate into the long term treatment. I’m not a doctor, just suggesting what I think may help. But again, gotta find the cause. I think allergies may be your biggest issue. Especially cause you felt good on catacrom. Do you feel good on steroids too? I think you can feel a lot better once you get the right diagnosis and treatment.
      catacrom is presv free aswell as ketofall, ill need to phone gp to ask if they have my prescription yet. yes when i first got told i have small bumps on my lids, but for some reasons my tbut was 7/8 this time even tho they present which i do not get as, previously my eyes were effected and lack of oil due to the allergies? i fear that my tbut will go back down, due to this. ive tried fml steriod but it did nothing for my eyes. i will do ipl soon as i havemoney, just fear my allergies will cause problems and reverse the effects of IPL.

Comment

I also tend to rub my eyes to the pillow. What are the symptoms of conjubctivitis ?

Comment

I had 6 IPL treatments. Everyone in the waiting room that I talked to had great success. IPL did not help me, but then the DES for me was a wrong diagnosis. Ask you doctor what kind of success they have had.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahcpa View Post
            I had 6 IPL treatments. Everyone in the waiting room that I talked to had great success. IPL did not help me, but then the DES for me was a wrong diagnosis. Ask you doctor what kind of success they have had.
            was your diagnoises aquaeous deficent?

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post

was your diagnoises aquaeous deficent?
              Benign Essential Blepharospasm.

Comment

Benign Essential Blepharospasm.
                Did it help? And what was your main issue that it resolved? I’ve never heard it used for that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

Did it help? And what was your main issue that it resolved? I’ve never heard it used for that before.
                  No it did not help. Benign Essential Blepharospasm is a dystonia. I found out I never really had dry eye. I now get botox injections every other month and I have my life back.

Comment

No it did not help. Benign Essential Blepharospasm is a dystonia. I found out I never really had dry eye. I now get botox injections every other month and I have my life back.
                    Im very happy to hear that. I never really had true dry eye either. I have floppy eyelid syndrome. I’m getting my life back as well. Although I wish I only needed Botox lol. I’m happy for you!

Comment

The IPL actually made things worse. I had more inflammation after the IPL treatments with Dr Toyos

Comment

Originally posted by TARYN View Post
                        The IPL actually made things worse. I had more inflammation after the IPL treatments with Dr Toyos
                        How did you quantify the inflammation? Via osmolarity tests?

Comment

Nothing scientific. My eyes were inflamed. They were red and irritated. The inflammation stayed for awhile. Then I went to Dr Tseng and he used Prokera to calm the eyes down. The Prokera got rid of the inflammation that the IPL kicked up.

Comment

Nothing scientific. My eyes were inflamed. They were red and irritated. The inflammation stayed for awhile. Then I went to Dr Tseng and he used Prokera to calm the eyes down. The Prokera got rid of the inflammation that the IPL kicked up.
                            When did you do Prokera?
                            Are you you still seeing benefits from it?

Comment

I had the Prokera done about 10 years ago. It did have a long lasting effect. After the IPL, I got burning and redness and irritation. It didn't seem to go away on it's own so I got the Prokera and it worked. Several years before that I had been diagnosed with chalasis and had the surgery to get rid of the wrinkling in the conjunctival and have the AMT placed on that area for healing. The chalasis had given me similar problems with inflammation, redness and burning. Since the AMT worked so well to get rid of those symptoms from the chalasis .. I decided to try the Prokera after I had problems after the IPL. More recently I had a pinguecula removed and also had the AMT with very good results. So to answer your question, the AMT surgery and Prokera seems to deliver great results for me. My ocular surface is smooth and comfortable.

Comment

I had the Prokera done about 10 years ago. It did have a long lasting effect. After the IPL, I got burning and redness and irritation. It didn't seem to go away on it's own so I got the Prokera and it worked. Several years before that I had been diagnosed with chalasis and had the surgery to get rid of the wrinkling in the conjunctival and have the AMT placed on that area for healing. The chalasis had given me similar problems with inflammation, redness and burning. Since the AMT worked so well to get rid of those symptoms from the chalasis .. I decided to try the Prokera after I had problems after the IPL. More recently I had a pinguecula removed and also had the AMT with very good results. So to answer your question, the AMT surgery and Prokera seems to deliver great results for me. My ocular surface is smooth and comfortable.
                                Thanks Taryn!
                                I am trying Prokera in next few months. Hope it gives me a good result as well

Comment

Working...
                                X