Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGD1701 View Post
    Hi quattroboy

So these glands were ''capped'' since you have heard the ''pop''?

Good to add GLA with Omega 3 - many reports support such approach - which works for me too.
    I have read that best to combine 'with' big meal (not after) and twice a day.

Did doctor comment if inflammation presents, if so, recommedations?
    Yes the glands must of been scared over and capped to hear the pop. I could also feel the probe penetrate the blockage.

What product are you using for the GLA?

He didn't mention inflammation but I have previously been on a course of steroids and now Ikervis, so I hope this has dealt with or is controlling any inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemia
      To Quattroby,
      Your Lipiview results look really good but I am confused. Where the images taken before the probing or after? The Lipiview is dated last week and yet you had the probing recently?
      The lippiview was done last week is does look good, a massive improvement.

The probing was done last night, so I should see even more improvement.

I've lost a lot of glands so there is some evidence they may come back after probing, not sure about that given some of the studies I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

No MGD1701 the "pop" as one 'hears' or rather senses in their mixed perception (the pop is not an audible sound actually) is the probe clearing its way through the fibro-vascular tissue both within the gland duct (if present) and/or of the 'sound' of the tearing of fibro-vascular tissue wrapping around the meibomian gland that forms a sleeve kind of structure squeezing the glandular acini and duct.

Cappings on the other hand is specifically the medical term for the blockage of the mouth of the meibomian gland orifices by epithelial tissue either in keratinized or non-keratinized form.

Imagine a rubber sleeve wrapping tightly around a flexible pipe and a probe of diameter slightly greater than the diameter of the flexible pipe making its way through. The rubber sleeve would tear off making a deflating kind of sound. It's analogical to the scar tissue wrapping around meibomian gland ducts and acinar units.
        Thanks for the insight. Didn't know this.

There was plenty of clearing of the glands whatever the root cause.

Comment

quattroboy

Could you please share the pictures of your lipiscan?

I would love to see how do scarred glands look different in comparison to healthy glands in a lipiscan image. I have watched a video by Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers in YouTube where she identifies externally scarred glands in a lipiscan report.

Maybe it would be helpful to look at your lipiscan and try to identify the scarred glands since I would be asking my doctor to prescribe me a lipiscan the next time I visit her in December.

Comment

quattroboy

Could you please share the pictures of your lipiscan?

I would love to see how do scarred glands look different in comparison to healthy glands in a lipiscan image. I have watched a video by Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers in YouTube where she identifies externally scarred glands in a lipiscan report.

Maybe it would be helpful to look at your lipiscan and try to identify the scarred glands since I would be asking my doctor to prescribe me a lipiscan the next time I visit her in December.
            Sorry Milo007 I don't have the gland images. Only the LLT results.

I will be returning in six months for a follow up scan.

I'll be interested to know if I've seen any improvement in the gland lengths and/or quantity. Also whether they have blocked again (whatever the cause).

Comment

Originally posted by quattroboy View Post

I'll be interested to know if I've seen any improvement in the gland lengths and/or quantity. Also whether they have blocked again (whatever the cause).
              He did call it scarring last Wednesday, not blocked glands. Not know if that is a clue.

Comment

Currently eating plenty of oily fish, one portion a day.

Taking Flaxseed supplement 2000mg per day.

Cut down on my gluten.

With exception of my sweet tooth, i.e. cut down of sugar. My diet has always been very good, loads of fruit and veg. Minimum red meat.

Not sure what else to do in that respect.
                Just keep cutting the sugar and carbs in general. Eat more olive oil, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil, etc. and protein with less carbs. Just shoot for that the best you can. No lie, I can feel a reduction in oil when I eat more sugar and slack on my diet. When I’m eating eggs, tuna with avocado oil, grass fed beef, etc. my oils are good. As soon as I start eating potato chips and ice cream. When I do my compress and express my glands. I get like a 70% reduction in oil flow. At least that’s what it feels like. I barely feel oil come out. Crazy how much my food effects my lipids. But also, not really, you are what you eat. I love a milkshake though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

Just keep cutting the sugar and carbs in general. Eat more olive oil, macadamia nut oil, avocado oil, etc. and protein with less carbs. Just shoot for that the best you can. No lie, I can feel a reduction in oil when I eat more sugar and slack on my diet. When I’m eating eggs, tuna with avocado oil, grass fed beef, etc. my oils are good. As soon as I start eating potato chips and ice cream. When I do my compress and express my glands. I get like a 70% reduction in oil flow. At least that’s what it feels like. I barely feel oil come out. Crazy how much my food effects my lipids. But also, not really, you are what you eat. I love a milkshake though lol.
                  Ace thank you.

I'm afraid refined sugar is my big problem diet wise in general.

Comment

quattroboy

Ummmmm just wondering ... how would you compare gland lengths if you don't have a lipiscan report prior to the probing procedure?

​​​​​​​Do you have a lipiscan report of your recent past if not of a day before the probing was done?

Comment

quattroboy

Ummmmm just wondering ... how would you compare gland lengths if you don't have a lipiscan report prior to the probing procedure?

​​​​​​​Do you have a lipiscan report of your recent past if not of a day before the probing was done?
                      There is a scan from May but I just don't have a copy. Never thought to ask.

Comment

I see. It would be interesting to see if your glands rejuvenate after probing. Hoping for so. Good luck. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Comment

My eyes are still bloodshot this morning and little sore, from the intrusive nature of the treatment and the bad oil getting into my eyes.
                          How are you feeling now? Soreness and redness gone yet?

Comment

I see. It would be interesting to see if your glands rejuvenate after probing. Hoping for so. Good luck. Thanks again for sharing your experience!
                            I second that! Good to hear positive news on this forum @quattroboy

Comment

That’s great you’ve stumbled upon someone else in the UK that does probing, it’s so rare there!

I had several probing procedures over two and a half years. This is also how I found out I had scar tissue, so no wonder nothing really worked up for me up to this point. Anyways, the first two procedures were done by a doctor using only magnifying goggles. The rest were done by a second doctor who used an operating room quality magnifier, because she said then my tiny meibomian glands appeared very large and she could better place the probes in. I felt like the second doctor’s expertise and use of the operating magnifier made a big difference in how I felt after the procedures. After the second doctor’s procedures, my eyes didn’t feel sore, whereas with the first doctor my eyes were sore for at least the day after. Did you notice what your doctor used? Of course, everyone’s condition is different, so that can have an impact as well.

I agree now is the time to try further adjustments to your diet. That’s good that you already eat pretty healthy. After each probe procedure, my eyes always felt more moist for ~one week, but then quickly reverted to being just as dry as it was before the probing. I would try different changes to my diet after each procedure, but it was not until my fifth probing that I found fresh lemon juice in green tea is what worked for me so my glands didn’t get blocked up again. So it can be something not typical that helps you specifically. I also find for some reason whenever I eat a juicy salmon, filet mignon or a good cut of meat, and adding parsley to my daily juicing makes my eyes more moist. So you never know what can help you personally, it can be a lot of trial and error.

Sugar, starches, and dairy ALWAYS make my eyes feel worst. I’ve actually tested all of these out where I let myself eat them freely (an excuse to binge!), and then the next day my eyes were so dry!

I think it’s also a good idea to try to help keep your glands open with warm compresses, maintenance LipiFlows and/or IPLs. These may not have worked before if you had scar tissue in your glands, but perhaps now these can help.

Comment

I am happy that you are improving.

Have you ever felt that your upper lid is inflamed especially in the morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X