Eyelid inflammation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

The moisture chamber glasses are one of the best and cheapest purchases I’ve made for my eyes. With my prescription lenses, they cost about 430 US dollars. They give me so much relief it’s insane. Let me put it this way, I rented a convertible corvette last week in Las Vegas (the desert) and I had pretty much zero dry eye. I used no drops and drove with the top down the whole time. No way I could have done that without the glasses.
    Hello Dowork123

It's great to know you have another tool in your arsenal that works excellently to manage your dry eyes!

Could you please help me select the best product and fit for myself?

What brand of moisture chamber glasses fits you the best?

Did you order just one pair of MCG for USD430? Which brand is it and which model?

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Hello ebi,

Firstly I should ask why do you want to try prokera?

Do you have corneal erosions or any other types of ocular surface injuries?
      ​​​​​​
      ​​​​​​​If you are thinking of prokera as a means to heal the corneal nerves then I think you should first try autologous serum drops. LASIK cuts through the corneal nerves and that's what affects the corneal nerve-lacrimal gland feedback loop. So over a period of time the lacrimal gland down regulates its functionality due to decreased response and feed back from the corneal nerves. Only way to restore the system is to help the nerves heal. Autologous serum drops have healing factors that help the nerves regenerate. I think if your doctor is hesitant to prescribe prokera to you, then you should perhaps ask her for a course of autologous serum drops.

Do you have aqueous deficiency in particular?

​​​​​​@Dowork123 is experienced and knowledgeable particularly when it comes to corneal erosions and use of autologous serum drops. You may seek his advice on prokera as well. I guess he's a LASIK candidate himself!

​​​​​

Yes I have been taking serum drop for the past two months. I don’t know if they have helped mor not. The reason I wanna try prokera is to heal the nerve.

I do not think I have erosion.

Yes I have AD

Do you know if Lasik affect the membomian gland as well or not? My doctor keep saying no.

Comment

Originally posted by ebi1368 View Post

Yes I have been taking serum drop for the past two months. I don’t know if they have helped mor not. The reason I wanna try prokera is to heal the nerve.

I do not think I have erosion.

Yes I have AD

Do you know if Lasik affect the membomian gland as well or not? My doctor keep saying no.
        Hello ebi,

I think two months might not be long enough for serum drops to make a difference. Corneal nerves may take longer to regenerate well.

​​​​​​How long does your doctor plan to keep you on serum drops?

I think you should continue with serum drops for another 2-3 months and see if you feel better.

Meanwhile you can go for prokera as it would only do good if any. If I were in your place I would leave no stones unturned to convince my doctor to try prokera on if I could afford it.

LASIK doesn't affect the meibomian glands initially but affects the corneal nerves and hence the lacrimal glands. But once the lacrimal glands are affected there is deficiency of the aqueous component and low volume of lacrimal secretions results in hyperosmolar tears which is toxic to the eye and induces inflammation. The inflammatory mediators induce a cascade of events subsequently that results into meibomian gland blockage and more inflammation. Eventually the meibomian glands are affected as well. So a lacrimal deficiency will translate into meibomian gland dysfunction sooner or later. Your doctor perhaps considers the short term impact of a LASIK surgery which is lacrimal deficiency to begin with. But the long term consequence is MGD and lacrimal deficiency both.

Comment

Hello Dowork123

It's great to know you have another tool in your arsenal that works excellently to manage your dry eyes!

Could you please help me select the best product and fit for myself?

What brand of moisture chamber glasses fits you the best?

Did you order just one pair of MCG for USD430? Which brand is it and which model?
          I would suggest the Ziena Nereus with a frosted eye cup. The other two option are feminine (I’m a man) and the option I’m wearing now is technically for Asian faces, the sea crest. I’m realizing now why these aren’t meant for me. The side pieces are too short so they hurt my ears. I just did a 10 day trial of the Nereus again and it fits better than the sea crest.

So to summarize, the Nereus will fit most people. The other two are for women, so I have no interest in them of course and the sea crest is for Asian faces. You could also try 7eye motorcycle glasses. If your prescription is minor, those will work. If your prescription is high, no chance. Your only option would be the ziena Nereus.

if you don’t need a prescription...you could buy pretty much anything for ziena, 7eye or wileyx. I’ll link them....only issue is being in India, can’t really try them on first. So if you need further help picking them, I can assist. I just need to know if you need a prescription and a description of your facial structure.

https://www.zienaeyewear.com/collect...s-glossy-black

https://7eye.com/collections/airshield

https://wileyx.com/products/series/climate-control

here are a few links.

Comment

I would suggest the Ziena Nereus with a frosted eye cup. The other two option are feminine (I’m a man) and the option I’m wearing now is technically for Asian faces, the sea crest. I’m realizing now why these aren’t meant for me. The side pieces are too short so they hurt my ears. I just did a 10 day trial of the Nereus again and it fits better than the sea crest.

So to summarize, the Nereus will fit most people. The other two are for women, so I have no interest in them of course and the sea crest is for Asian faces. You could also try 7eye motorcycle glasses. If your prescription is minor, those will work. If your prescription is high, no chance. Your only option would be the ziena Nereus.

if you don’t need a prescription...you could buy pretty much anything for ziena, 7eye or wileyx. I’ll link them....only issue is being in India, can’t really try them on first. So if you need further help picking them, I can assist. I just need to know if you need a prescription and a description of your facial structure.

https://www.zienaeyewear.com/collect...s-glossy-black

https://7eye.com/collections/airshield

https://wileyx.com/products/series/climate-control

here are a few links.

Hi again!

I need help specifically with picking up the right fit for me. I need prescription glasses and I have both myopia and some degree of astigmatism. I was also considering ziena nereus myself. But I was not sure if it would fit me the best since I am Asian but I do have more of Caucasian features.

Would it be better if I share my pics with you in a private message?

Also what do you think about the durability of the eye cups?

I want to make sure I don't need to place an order again for at least a year in case the silicone eye cups wear out. So I want to order some replacement eye cups that would last at least a year or two.
            ​​

Comment

Hi again!

I need help specifically with picking up the right fit for me. I need prescription glasses and I have both myopia and some degree of astigmatism. I was also considering ziena nereus myself. But I was not sure if it would fit me the best since I am Asian but I do have more of Caucasian features.

Would it be better if I share my pics with you in a private message?

Also what do you think about the durability of the eye cups?

I want to make sure I don't need to place an order again for at least a year in case the silicone eye cups wear out. So I want to order some replacement eye cups that would last at least a year or two.
              ​​
              Yeah, you can shoot me pictures. Also, I think measurements would help too. If you can measure from just where your ear meets you head to the corner of your eye. That’s the difference between the Nereus and sea crest. The arms are shorter on the seacreast to accommodate a shorter, flatter face. They are also a hair wider. So I’m not sure if you have your pupillary axis from your eye exam. That would help and a measurement across your face/forehead. I’ll take the same measurement on myself. That way, I can make an educated guess rather than a shot in the dark.

these things are built like a tank. The silicon is of great quality and a replacement is 30 bucks. I don’t see myself repacking it any time soon. I’d get an extra anyway just because of where you live. But I believe these glasses will outlast your prescription. Mine changed a lot, so they will for me. The nose pieces and frame are so rigid and strong, Ive slept in them and the nose pieces didn’t move. Which is insane. Very much worth the money.

They do bifocal and progressive also.

Comment

If you can measure from just where your ear meets you head to the corner of your eye.
                It's around 7.5 centimetres.

So I’m not sure if you have your pupillary axis from your eye exam. That would help
                How am I supposed to get that?

and a measurement across your face/forehead.
                Across face from top to bottom : Around 18 centimeters.

Across face from left to right (in the widest region) : Around 15 centimetres.

Across forehead : Around 13 centimetres.

​​​​​​​What's your measurements?
                ​​

Comment

It's around 7.5 centimetres.

How am I supposed to get that?

Across face from top to bottom : Around 18 centimeters.

Across face from left to right (in the widest region) : Around 15 centimetres.

Across forehead : Around 13 centimetres.

​​​​​​​What's your measurements?
                  ​​
                  I’ll message you privately tomorrow and we can get all this squared away. Was very busy today...hope all is well.

Comment

When I bought my first pair of moisture chambers there were non available locally that I could find so I ordered online. Fit is really a personal thing as everyone has different facial features. What I did was I bought 7 pairs from an online company which I paid for with visa. They sent them to me, I tried them on and sent them all back. I paid for the one pair that I wanted and they put the lenses in and credited me the difference. It worked well because there were only 2 of the 7 that fit.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                      When I bought my first pair of moisture chambers there were non available locally that I could find so I ordered online. Fit is really a personal thing as everyone has different facial features. What I did was I bought 7 pairs from an online company which I paid for with visa. They sent them to me, I tried them on and sent them all back. I paid for the one pair that I wanted and they put the lenses in and credited me the difference. It worked well because there were only 2 of the 7 that fit.
                      Thanks farmgirl for sharing your experience.

Have you tried the ziena range of eyewear?

I am considering ziena nereus.

Comment

Hi ebi
                        Good to make sure you clean lash line and lids to avoid forming of the biofilm etc.
                        Dont close eyes too tight to avoid dirts going into eyes.
                        Last edited by MGD1701; 22-Nov-2018, 13:03.

Comment

Working...
                        X