Yellow discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow discharge

I keep getting small amounts of wet yellow discharge in the inner corner of my eye.

I mentioned several times to my NHS consultant who just dismissed it as a side effect of dry eye.

Well my eyes aren't as dry anymore and today they felt great but still ended up with some.

i do have smart plugs in the lower tear ducts.

I really don't know why it bothers me but it doesi

One of the hallmark signs of my disease is chronic papilary conjunctivitis and excess mucus production. I cannot tell you why it happens. I believe there’s a reason, again, I’m just not smart enough to know. I’ll ask my doctor next month, see if he has an answer.

Comment

It's not huge amounts and I notice it more in the afternoon and evening.

On waking it's there. Again my eyes have improved and are now moist in the morning. So again is the discharge. If it was dry I'd put it down to just sleep in the corner of my eye.

Never had this before dry eye or even in the early days' post LASIK.

Started noticing it around May, during the summer months there was a lot more of it, again loads on waking.

Oddly my better less dry eye produces more of it!! So the eye with more tears, the more or less perfect lipid layer now and best TBUT!!

Like I say it's not dried out but wet.

In my head it could be:

1. The result of the plug blocking the tear duct, symptoms similar to people who develop a blocked tear duct.
      2. The normal mucus not being able to be flushed away because of the plugs blocking the lower ducts.
      3. Some form of infection.
      4. Allergic reaction of some kind.

Before LASIK and dry eye I used to suffer from rhinitis, cause unknown but had a steroid spray to deal with it.

Now it's gone. Odd but I have an uneducated and uninformed theory, before plugs and dry eyes were my tears flushing the allergens down my nose, and now they are being trapped against my eyes?

If so maybe plugs are not a good idea for me?

Comment

I sometimes get this upon waking, I just wipe it off with a cotton wool bud, I wouldn’t worry about it. Could be a response to the ointment you put in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
          I sometimes get this upon waking, I just wipe it off with a cotton wool bud, I wouldn’t worry about it. Could be a response to the ointment you put in your eyes?

I get it throughout the day, it's just more noticeable in a morning.

I don't use any form of ointment in my eye, I have no need anymore. The only thing going in my eye before bed is Ikervis.

To honest even when I was trying to use ointment, vita-a pos, I found it made my eyes worse. I would wake with sore and irritated eyes.

Also I'm not sure of the merit of using thick ointments if your glands are already blocked. I have read that for some people with MGD using thick ointments and drops actually made things worse in the long run.

Of course people must use what they find provides them with the best relieve and works for them.

Comment

I agree ointments can sometimes make your eyes feel sore and clogged up but it’s either that or no sleep!

Comment

I had a lot of white discharge every morning at wake up and the evening, I think because of bacteria, demodex, debris and mucus
              Since I had Blephex procedure I don't have it anymore, just a little at wake up.
              Long time ago it was yellow, that means infection
              Best lid hygiene is Blephex + HOCL + TTO
              Vit A before bed is often allergic, try another brand

Comment

Originally posted by mbperso View Post
                I had a lot of white discharge every morning at wake up and the evening, I think because of bacteria, demodex, debris and mucus
                Since I had Blephex procedure I don't have it anymore, just a little at wake up.
                Long time ago it was yellow, that means infection
                Best lid hygiene is Blephex + HOCL + TTO
                Vit A before bed is often allergic, try another brand
                Sorry TTO?

Comment

I used 50% TTO (Tea Tree Oil) on the lashes before bed for 1 month

Comment

Working...
                  X