Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know any temporary quick fixes for dry eyes that I can use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know any temporary quick fixes for dry eyes that I can use?

Hi, I have bad MGD and a tear deficency on one eye and I'm in the middle of my uni exams right now that last for another month and right now my eyes are absolutely killing me. Can anyone give me any tips to calm them down even if its just a temporary solution. I was trying out taking paracetamol which is supposed to help with inflammation and it does help sometimes. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Carly. I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now, and especially during exams. Try avoiding sugar, alcohol, fermented food, dairy products, chocolate and foods high in histamines. This helps if you have ocular rosacea, but also helps quell inflammation even if you don't. Get some moisture goggles if you do not already have a pair, and try to only use the computer when necessary. I don't know if you use warm compresses, but these also help bring down the inflammation in my eyes. Some people say it makes inflammation worse, so it is a matter of individual choice. There are other foods I also avoid, but I have ocular rosacea, and am not sure this is the case for you. Food plays a huge roll in my inflammatory situation. These are some things that have worked for me, and I truly hope they will help you too. Best wishes on your exams! No stress!

Comment

Working...
    X