Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• struggling with job

Hi,

My job involves a lot of typing and I'm finding it hard to cope with. I work in a large office and lately the cooling fans have been put on which makes my eyes worse and my eyes sting watching the tv. e. I wear 7eye sienna glasses at work but my eyes start stinging within 30 minutes. I do zero hours and I rent a house which makes things really difficult. Ive scaled my hours down and short of going down a different career route I don't know what to do.

I have a little humidifier a couple of feet above my desk that blows the moisture right on top of me. Another thing that might help is having a band on your glasses to keep them close and tight to your face.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD30 View Post
      I have a little humidifier a couple of feet above my desk that blows the moisture right on top of me. Another thing that might help is having a band on your glasses to keep them close and tight to your face.
      Hi,

Im going to get a desk humidifier. Can you put the stretchy bands on the Zienna glasses? because they have flexible plastic surrounding the glasses?

Also does anyone know of any support groups in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by HEBS View Post
        Hi,

Im going to get a desk humidifier. Can you put the stretchy bands on the Zienna glasses? because they have flexible plastic surrounding the glasses?

Here is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/Chums-Tail-Adj...ses+band+strap

If you have the Ziennas with the silicone shield around the glasses, they wont work as well as the 7eye or the wiley-x with the foam around them; although they do look more like normal glasses so I can imagine why someone would use them. I'm not sure if a a strap would help much for those. You might want to look into getting a pair of the regular moisture chamber galsses, I wouldnt be able to do my job without them.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD30 View Post
          Here is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/Chums-Tail-Adj...ses+band+strap

If you have the Ziennas with the silicone shield around the glasses, they wont work as well as the 7eye or the wiley-x with the foam around them; although they do look more like normal glasses so I can imagine why someone would use them. I'm not sure if a a strap would help much for those. You might want to look into getting a pair of the regular moisture chamber galsses, I wouldnt be able to do my job without them.
          Oh no I spent a lot on them. Its just I really worry about what people may say especially if I wear the 7 eye glasses. I tend to put them on and then take them off which doesnt help really does it. Ive reduced my hours quite a bit because I cant do my work and I worry about a lack of income. I do have a pair of the 7eyes which I wear at home I thought the zienas would be better because people wouldnt be looking at me all the time.

Comment

Working...
          X