Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you live near here, I recommend this dry eye doc . ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you live near here, I recommend this dry eye doc . ..

I couldn't find the plug-a-doc section so I figured I'd start a new post on this. Maybe other people could add to this if they have a favorite ophthalmologist? Please don't post negative stuff about doctors, I don't think that's allowed.

If you live near Tampa, FL and are looking for a good dry eye doc, go see Dr. Richard Hector. (The Eye Associates)

Rebecca actually recommended him to me (thank you, Rebecca). He's up to date on all the latest studies and treatments, and is quite deft when popping in plugs. Most importantly, at least to me, is that he let me come to him with my treatment ideas and would discuss them with me; some we tried, some he didn't recommend. Seeing him after seeing two "dry eye dictators" was like a breath of fresh air (or a drop of Systane after a ride in the car with the windows down). One thing he does that I love is he gives you his direct voicemail number so you can call him and leave a message anytime you have a question or an idea, and then he always gets back to you before the day is over.

He's also very sympathetic and caring, and seems to appreciate how difficult it is to live with DES. Particularly when you're first diagnosed, finding a good doctor is half the battle, and I'm definitely glad that I found him early on in my journey.
Working...
X