Dealing with family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbob View Post
    That would require more pc time though, I doubt they have a magic solution to human nature.
    You are already on the computer, it appears....

Comment

Not sure what that has to do with family.
      Justbob, sorry, my friend, just saw the word 'personal philosophy' and it set me off... When I put Medical Records in a file with a short summary, suddenly the family thought it 'looked official' and they didn't have to waste time listening, which was better. Otherwise it was just me talking 'blah blah... medical terms... doc thinks... I've read...' + instant 'switch off'. I printed out short versions of some treatment protocols listed above and put in a second file. This was also for eg GPs who didn't Google what their local clinical referral pathways were. Still no one in the family helped or showed interest or came to appointments. It's been easier and less painful not to expect it. I guess we should make sure we do our duty to help them as they need us. The kind messages and info we had from fellow-sufferers has been a wonderful safety-net. You're not crazy. You have my great respect for what you've achieved. Keep looking for what you need. We all work on this together. Be safe, bro. This is an important and interesting question. Hope you get more replies
      just looking for a few people to say how their family reacts etc.
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 21-Jun-2015, 23:57.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
      X