No announcement yet.

23 year old male - need help desperatley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to remind everyone in this thread that Ikervis passed based on helping 15% of the patients. That seems no better than just taking artificial tears. Restasis didn’t work for me. I believe because it’s not targeted for the type of inflammation we all have. I personally believe ikervis/restasis helps people with autoimmune diseases that atrack that lacrimal gland. If you have evaporative dry eye, this drug will most likely not help. I think you should try it for 6 months to make sure. That said, I don’t think it’s going to do anything but hurt your wallet.

Comment

Dowork123 is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by jm95dryeye View Post

There's conflicting evidence online re plugs making inflammation worse, and this guy is a top ophthalmologist and considered a leader in the field of dry eye. So why would he put them in.

Thanks for the recommendation of Natra spray, but the amount of money i've spent on people recommending me alternative products on here (latest being castor oil, made things worse) i think ill pass. I've just got to put hope in my ophthalmologist.

My last resort would be sclerals. Anyone london based recommend where to get these fitted?
        If your problem is MGD caused by blocked glands and poor oil quality, plugs won't help. You probably produce enough tears but they evaporate too quickly.

Plugs are designed to help where tear production is a problem.

My current UK consultant believes demodex is the root cause for many gland and oil issues. But by the sound of it roseace sounds like your main issue.

I found probing a game changer to unblock my glands and remove scar tissue. Blephex next.

Comment

Last edited by MGD1701; 29-Mar-2019, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! You have ever reason to believe IPL is going to work, you still have all your glands.

As for me I am disappointed in Moorfields, the doctors there in general seem extremely disinterested in any eye conditions which are not sight threatening. The last time I went there they told me I have a mild form of conjunctival chalasis which didn't need surgical correction. At my next appointment I am going to ask about surgery as I think this may be the reason/a contributing factor for the constant burning/redness.

Good luck!
            Have you spoken about your chalasis since?

Comment

Yes I went to see an eye surgeon on Harley Street about it but he said the chalasis was subclinical ie. not bad enough to operate on, and in his opinion that wasn't the cause of my eye pain.

Comment

Originally posted by jm95dryeye View Post
                I've read on here that you have to quit your job if you work in an office environment - i really cant. I've worked to hard to get here and its a great job. I'm only 23 and I feel like my life is over.
                That's not right. I have dry eye since 3 years and I keep working as computer programmer since then. The important thing is to learn how to manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post
                  Yes I went to see an eye surgeon on Harley Street about it but he said the chalasis was subclinical ie. not bad enough to operate on, and in his opinion that wasn't the cause of my eye pain.
                  can I ask which doctor on harley street it was? I have an appointment with a doctor on harley street in two weeks

Comment

I'm just going to put it out there that I work on a desktop computer all day at work, then work on my laptop for several hours at night many nights. (I'm a grad student.) It may be the cumulative effect, but I notice that the more time I spend on my laptop, the more I suffer. As in, significantly more inflammation in my eyes and eye pain.

For those who know, is there any chance the light source of laptop screens is significantly different than the light source for desktop computer monitors?

Comment

Originally posted by shar_63 View Post
                      I'm just going to put it out there that I work on a desktop computer all day at work, then work on my laptop for several hours at night many nights. (I'm a grad student.) It may be the cumulative effect, but I notice that the more time I spend on my laptop, the more I suffer. As in, significantly more inflammation in my eyes and eye pain.

For those who know, is there any chance the light source of laptop screens is significantly different than the light source for desktop computer monitors?
                      Seems to be a cumulative effect. To be sure, try a week only with desktop and a week only with laptop.
                      I worked with both solutions and I couldn't find any difference. In my case the difference is made by the activity. I can program software for 8 hours with a little struggling, but if I see a movie or play videogames (desktop or TV) I can barely resist 2 hours and then I must face the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by quattroboy View Post

If your problem is MGD caused by blocked glands and poor oil quality, plugs won't help. You probably produce enough tears but they evaporate too quickly.

Plugs are designed to help where tear production is a problem.

My current UK consultant believes demodex is the root cause for many gland and oil issues. But by the sound of it roseace sounds like your main issue.

I found probing a game changer to unblock my glands and remove scar tissue. Blephex next.
                        Hey buddy, where in the UK did you get the probing done? I'm interested in it!

Comment

Originally posted by jack1988 View Post

Hey buddy, where in the UK did you get the probing done? I'm interested in it!
                          www.dryeyesclinic.co.uk

Comment

thanks. manchester is much closer to me than London, so this is helpful.

Weirdly, all my glands appear to be okay, but my TBUT is still 7 seconds.

Comment

booked in for the 15th October. I am hoping they can help me.

How often were you having your glands probed btw?

I am hoping for one and then after do IPL

Comment

If you still have problem try moisture chamber eyeglasses. After almost a year of pain and spending hundreds of dollars at Doctor I bought a pair for $20 . The first day wearing them outside and in my living room where I have a window Ac I had no problems and still no problems after 14 days. If you need more info, reply. Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X