help for the burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for the burning

I am using Restasis BUT at times my eyes BURN! can anyone suggest what to do please help this is very debilitating when it happens thanks in advance for your answer Diane

Originally posted by blazeyellow02 View Post
    I am using Restasis BUT at times my eyes BURN! can anyone suggest what to do please help this is very debilitating when it happens thanks in advance for your answer Diane
    I think its different for each person, but for me it burned when when I put the drops in. As time went on it hurt less and less.

Comment

Originally posted by blazeyellow02 View Post
      maybe I wrote it wrong Restasis does NOT burn my eyes - there are times when my eyes just burn & it lasts anywhere from 1 to 2 hours

Comment

Cold compresses help the burning for me a little. They don't completely eliminate the burning, but they do provide me some relief.

Comment

Its simple, put the drop in your eyes and simply close your eyes for a minute or Two, and then open it. Don't open them right away.

When you start using Restasis it will burn at the beginning for a few month but with time your eyes will get use to it.

Comment

Do you keep the restasis in the refrigerator before you use it?

Comment

no Amanda I am not but should I be? Restasis is NOT burning my eyes - my eyes just start to burn 1 hour after using it BUT not all the time

Comment

I keep mine in the refrigerator and think it makes it feel much more soothing upon application. I am sorry that I misunderstood your eyes are burning later...not sure if that is due to the restasis, or to dryness itself?

Comment

lower strip test

[SIZE=4]thanks all for your replies - went back to Doctor & eyes got worse strip test was 6 - I now have to find the right combo of drops with Restasis to help & also Dr put in punctal plugs
                  Last edited by blazeyellow02; 01-Jul-2015, 05:47.

Comment

Working...
                  X