Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jo111
    replied
    I bought the updated version and used it for a few months. It was convenient and easy to use, but for me it didn't get hot enough to make my oils really runny. A microwaveable bag was actually more effective, though that does mean having to keep your eyes closed for a while. Another good thing about the blephasteam was that it did really comfort my eyes while it was on.

Leave a comment:

• HempOil
    replied
    Updated version coming out soon apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDXVl12wrQ

Leave a comment:

• lipino
    replied
    Originally posted by orange86 View Post

SAAG lipino

I've been using blephsteam goggles once a night for 10 mins (for 5 months) with virtually no relief in mgd.
    ​​​​​​​From reading both your posts it appears i need to do longer sessions. Once 10 mins are up and it bleeps, how do i continue for another 10 mins?
    Once it beeps I just press the button again to bring it back to "warming" mode. But because it's already warmed up, it just maintains the temperature. Then after I'm done I do eyelid pinches and keep doing them until I get a "squelching" feeling like blockages are squeezing out.

Leave a comment:

• gilles
    replied

SAAG lipino

I've been using blephsteam goggles once a night for 10 mins (for 5 months) with virtually no relief in mgd.
    ​​​​​​​From reading both your posts it appears i need to do longer sessions. Once 10 mins are up and it bleeps, how do i continue for another 10 mins?
    Could you, rather than trying to do longer session, try to massage your eyelids after every session. For me, doing massages again, helps for releasing the oils (circular movements with very, very light pressure; going from lower/upper part towards the glands).
    Do you mind to keep us posted about the results?

Leave a comment:

• orange86
    replied
    Originally posted by lipino View Post
    Update after a month: I'm convinced the long sessions are really beneficial. Also, for anyone who thinks it doesn't get hot enough, try letting it heat up before putting the wetted rings in. I find it heats up better when it's dry.
    SAAG lipino

Leave a comment:

• shakenbake
    replied
    I was wondering about this! I think I'll try one myself!

Leave a comment:

• lipino
    replied
    Update after a month: I'm convinced the long sessions are really beneficial. Also, for anyone who thinks it doesn't get hot enough, try letting it heat up before putting the wetted rings in. I find it heats up better when it's dry.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by lipino View Post
    I can also vouch for Blephasteam, and thanks to SAAG for the recommendation which got me to buy it a year ago...
    Finally, I was using Blephasteam last week and it beeped when the session was over, but I decided I was enjoying the spa treatment and turned it back on, ended up leaving it on for 35 minutes, just working on the computer. Afterwards, my glands were expressing better. So I've been doing long sessions lately and I do feel it's helping a lot.
    I'm so glad to hear it's helping you! Like you, I also find longer sessions to be far more effective than shorter ones.

Leave a comment:

• lipino
    replied
    I can also vouch for Blephasteam, and thanks to SAAG for the recommendation which got me to buy it a year ago.

At first I had mixed feelings - it helped but I wasn't sure it was any better than a warm compress, and it cost something like $250. It was just more convenient because you can put it on while you're on the computer. But it's also this annoying thing full of wires, hooked up to a bulky power converter since it has a UK plug and I'm in the US.

Eventually I stopped using it and it ended up in a drawer for months. Had some other health issues that flared things up and then my glands weren't expressing at all, even with daily warm compresses. So I tried Blephasteam again and still wasn't getting a good feeling.

Finally, I was using Blephasteam last week and it beeped when the session was over, but I decided I was enjoying the spa treatment and turned it back on, ended up leaving it on for 35 minutes, just working on the computer. Afterwards, my glands were expressing better. So I've been doing long sessions lately and I do feel it's helping a lot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post

I personally think the goggles are a scam, warm compress via microwave is more effective.
    They're a well-made product that fills a need for many of us. If you don't use them, that's fine... but I'm sad to see a forum moderator say they're a scam because that's very unfair to the company, and you may discourage people from trying it who may otherwise have benefitted from them.

In my case, I cannot tolerate the weight of heated eye masks or warm compresses - they make my eyeballs stick to my eyelids, which gets downright painful.

I cannot steam my eyes via a tablestop steamer because when I breathe in the steam for 10-20 minutes twice daily, I get a chronic cough.

Furthermore, the ability to keep my eyes open and do normal things while using the Blephasteam is helpful.

Obviously if one can get by with less costly options like warm compresses in the microwave, that's great. But just because you personally don't require Blephasteam doesn't make them a scam.

SAAG are the Blephasteam goggles still working for you?

I did lipiflow and IPL, my glands clogged back up again. do these goggles help hardened oils soften ?
    Yes, I still use them and they do help soften the hardened oils.

Leave a comment:

• deep_dry_eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Fenix View Post

What method are you using to warm your eyelids? If you heat the eyelids properly, then you have to massage the eyelids to make the lipid component flow.
    As far as I know, blephasteam is the most effective way to warm the eyelids.
    I disagree, I find blephasteam to be terrible at warming up my eyes. I find good old fashion microwave warm compress to be best.

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied

deep_dry_eye have you used the goggles?

i do warm compress morning and night and my glands still are blocked.
    What method are you using to warm your eyelids? If you heat the eyelids properly, then you have to massage the eyelids to make the lipid component flow.
    As far as I know, blephasteam is the most effective way to warm the eyelids.

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied
    Hi, at the end of february I did the LipiFlow treatment and then I used Blephasteam for 3 months two times at day. Right after the blephasteam I massaged my eyelids with eyelids wipes.
    Did it improved my eyes? I don't know. Maybe a very little bit. Was worth it? no.

Leave a comment:

• LindaDawn
    replied
    Hi. Orange86. Can I ask where you had your IPL and lipgloss please.

Leave a comment:

• orange86
    replied
    after doing lipiflow and ipl in January / feb i found a bit of relief , e.g. i could watch tv, look at computer screen and go outside with little discomfort. A month later i started eating ice cream, chocolate, etc and had a massive flare up. i've not been the same since.

ophthalmologists at my local hospital have no appreciation of mgd, i think there should be monthly manual gland expression treatment for us sufferers to try and keep the glands healthy.

i'm in England and we dont have xiidra here, just ikervis (restasis). I'm on ikervis 3x a day and lets hope it continues to work even better within the next few months - not sure if on it's own will help with mgd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X