Do you think I have dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think I have dry eye?

Hi, new here...for a couple years now I have been struggling with a problem with my eyes. About halfway through my day at work my eyes start to burn, this is the only way I know how to describe it. Some days the burning gets so bad that it is very difficult to drive home. Once the pain starts, it will not go away until I go to bed. It has only been happening at work, on weekends I have no problems whatsoever. And I have worked at the same place for about 10 years, like I said this just started a couple years ago. However...I just recently started working out in my basement, and I have found that I get the same problem after being in my basement for any length of time. It seems to be a certain air quality that causes it. I have been to my Dr. for this, we tried two prescriptions, flurbiprofen and an anti-allergen, can't remember the name, doesnt matter, neither helped at all. Today I went to the opthamologist, had a thorough eye exam. He said my eyes look perfect, and he seemed to struggle to come up with anything to tell me as to what was causing my problem. Ive tried just about all of the otc drops I could find, today the doc gave me some systane to try, but at this point I'm pretty discouraged. So, back to my original question, does this sound like dry eye to you guys?

Do you have any other symptoms? Do you use a computer at work and not at home? Did your eye doctor do any tests for dry eye?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

no, no other symptoms. Actually, I use a computer at home alot but very little at work. The Dr. did not do any tests for dry eye, which is kind of why I asked my question here, he didn't seem to take my problem too seriously.

Comment

It could be dry eye, it could be eye strain. It could be allergies. It's hard to know. No one here can diagnose you. I would return to your eye doctor and ask to be tested for dry eye. If he does not know what that entails, or does not take you seriously, then find another doctor. If you do have DES, you will need a doctor experienced in dealing with it, one who will take your concerns seriously and who will be willing to get creative to make you more comfortable.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

thanks for your responses. I have to schedule another appointment with him if the systane doesnt work. I will then ask to be tested. thanks again.

Comment

Humidity

See if you can get a humidity gauge - if so see if it is below 40% in these places. If so, this could be it.
            Regards
            Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Working...
            X