Anyone have luck with ridding/lessening RED VEINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have luck with ridding/lessening RED VEINS

Red veins have been an issue since the start ofmy MGD dry eye journey Recently more veins have been appearing despite my eyes feeling the best they’ve been in a long time. Currently using hylo forte eye drops regularly and using dry eye shield for night time sleep and during the day to reduce drying. Anyone have any information on what could help me?
    Last edited by Topher3; 20-Jan-2019, 19:45. Reason: adding more specifics

I had amniotic membrane transplantation surgery and the red veins are gone and my eyes are very clear looking. I had the surgery because I had a wrinkled conjunctiva on the right eye which was causing burning and inflammation and a pinguecula which was causing tearing and inflammation on the left eye. On both eyes, the doctor removed the damaged conjunctival tissue and placed amniotic membrane on the surgical areas and the added benefit was clear white eyes.

Comment

I’m glad that that worked out for you. I have 4 pingeculas however I don’t have enough burning with my dry glasses to warrant having surgery. I was hoping their might be supplements to help and aid with reduced veins but I’m doubtful that there is.

Comment

Before I had the surgery, I used Patanol eyedrops followed by cold compresses and it did help with the redness. I did have red veins near the pinguecula and the surgery got rid of the veins. I did not have burning in the eye that had the pinguecula but I did have burning in the eye with the wrinkled conjunctiva (conjunctivochalasis)

Comment

so are your eyes perfectly good now after the surgery? Like say back to when you were a kid no issues all fixed now?

Comment

Yes they are clear and white. They are also comfortable with no burning, tearing, inflammation and no red veins. It took about 3-4 weeks to recover but my eyes felt good right after the surgery but the area where he did the surgery initially had redness from where he removed the damaged conjunctival tissue

Comment

Yes my eyes are clear and comfortable Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5414.jpeg
Views:	605
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	222161Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5405.jpeg
Views:	600
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	222162

Comment

Wow your eyes look so great, I can only dream of having that. Thanks for the share, I’m really glad the surgery helped you!!!

Comment

Thank you. Yes I am grateful that they are comfortable and look good also

Comment

I am 41. I have had this issue for 25 years. The only things that worked for me for reducing redness besides cold compresses (very temporary) and laying in bed all day (temporary) is Lumify. But the effect is short lived.

Comment

Hi hig1945....Yes before I got the surgery to remove the damaged conjunctival tissue and have the amniotic membrane transplantation, Patanol followed by cold compresses gave me short lived relief. I tried IPL and probing which did not help, because I guess in my case, my problem was that I did not have a smooth ocular surface. After the surgery I experienced immediate relief from burning and redness symptoms in the eye that had the chalasis or wrinkled conjunctiva and symptoms of tearing and redness in the eye that had the pinguecula.

Comment

I have the same problem, countless of scleral and due to pingueculas (nasal and temporal in both eyes due to contact lense wear and 5 days usage of Visine) conjunctival red veins. There is no way unfortunately to remove, even to reduce those veins until you get rid of pingueculas with a removal surgery as TARYN had. You can see photo of my eyes in another post where the author had asked about the appearance of our eyes. I cant find a doctor who accepts pinguecula removal surgery, they in general do this surgery in Pterygium case since this causes astigmatism as it grows towards the cornea.
                        When I dont have to look at computer screen and when I sleep long hours, my veins look less noticeable but they are always there..

Comment

Chuto, The symptoms bothered me as much as the cosmetic look did. I was happy my doctor agreed to remove them. I had both the chalasis and the pinguecula for a long time. Tried other things to improve the area of the eye but nothing helped...only the surgery. My insurance approved and authorized the surgery and paid most of the hospital and anesthesia cost and some the doctor's fee.

Comment

Is it possible to get this surgery in Europe?

Comment

Working...
                            X