Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone whose dry eyes got better after eradicating demodex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post

Baby Shampoo? That's what doctors recommended for years for lid hygiene but as of now most doctors consider baby shampoo BAD for eyes. Hm. I don't know.
    Did you solve the demodex issue with this protocol? For how many weeks did you do it?
    I haven't followed the protocol for long enough.Did it for just 5 days and had significant benefit. Now I am using ivermectin and waiting for the TTO I ordered from Edens Garden to arrive. So can't comment on that right now.

I don't think baby shampoo is that bad when used over tightly closed eyelids (as long as it doesn't get inside the eyes).

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16234455

Lid scrub with 50% TTO (...) can further stimulate Demodex to move out to the skin.

...the Demodex count dropped to zero in seven of nine patients receiving TTO scrub in 4 weeks without recurrence.

I think These two sentences are important:

50 % TTO kills demodex
      In about 4 weeks mites should be gone

Then it is only necessary to maintain the Situation. Maybe with cliradex or something with even less TTO like Naviblef (0,02 %) orBlephademodex (2,5 % TTO I think)
      Yes exactly. And 20% TTO solution massage over eyelids at night prevents them from mating and hampers their life cycles.
      ​​

Comment

Why? The recommondation is acutally from a doctor and he seems to have good results with his patients using this formula. I think for 4-6 weeks it should be ok, no? Then the demodex issue should be solved anyway and I only need some product for maintenance with lesser %.
        Make sure the Paraffin doesn't get inside eyes. Whatever you use over eyelids and eyelashes has a tendency to leak inside the eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X