Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Generation HydroEye - Dry Eye Relief

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061110/sff007.html?.v=68

First outward sign that the Harvard tuna study is producing more fish-oil proudcts for dry eye. More are in the pipeline. Don't know what kind of fish oil is in this one, but it sounds like progress. There are more products of interest to dry eye folks coming out at AAO this weekend too.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Frustrating that the serving size for HydroEye is four tablets. And I love the claims they can make without FDA regulation because it's a supplement:

"Replaces the need for eye drops for most users."

I was on the original HydroEye for a while, it seemed to be the same as TheraTears and everything else. Pretty expensive though. Maybe the new formulation will be better. I still think I'll try the Dry Vites off this site next first though.

Comment

I'll hold off on this until someone tells me that the new one actually helped.
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

HydroEye has been working for me

I have had horrible dry eye for years and had tried EVERYTHING. My ophthalmologist recommended HydroEye two years ago and it's been working well for me. You have to take it everyday and it takes a few weeks to kick in. I didn't realize how much it was helping until I ran out of it and stopped taking it for a while. My eyes became so unbearably dry again. I really noticed the difference. It did replace the need for eye drops for me (and my doctor said that this is the case for most of his patients), although I used the drops with HydroEye for the first few weeks, until the product kicked in. Different people may react to it differently--it's worth a try though. I am finishing up my supply and then I plan to start taking the new version with the fish oil.

Jan

Comment

Question

Hi Jan,
            You are bringing in very good news about supplements.
            I have tried Theratears nutrition and BioTears capsule gel but my DES was improved just a little with BioTears. I am wondering if you tried these before?
            How did you get DES ?
            Thanks,

George

Comment

I have heard of those other products, but haven't tried them. I did look into the Theratears oral product since it's less expensive. My ophthalmologist told me he's had patients who have taken both and they tend to have better results with HydroEye. Theratears doesn't have the GLA ingredient that's in HydroEye and that's supposed to really help with dry eye. Since I have had a good experience with HydroEye, I've been reluctant to make a change. However, I'm always interested in learning about other products and new solutions so am constantly researching this stuff. As far as how I got dry eye, I blame it mostly on aging and years of wearing contacts!

Comment

Since we don't often get comments here about Hydroeye, I thought I would mention this. I spoke with an ophthalmic technician this afternoon that I had met at a conference a couple of months ago. She had mixed me up with the company that sells Hydroeye so the firsts thing I heard was how much she and a dry-eyed co-worked LOVED Hydroeye. They could both see a really big difference and within a short period of time.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

BioTears

I used to use HydroEye and then I started using something called BioTears. It is made by a company called BioSyntrx and you can buy it on line. I didn't realize how much it helped until I quit taking it. Boy - what a difference. I think it is very similar to HydroEye but has something in it called Lactoferrin that HydroEye doesn't. I Lactoferrin is supposed to stimulate secretions in the eye.

Comment

Theralife

I have had good luck with Thera Life Eye Enhanced. Certainly not a cure, but it did help a lot. Unfortunately, if I stop taking it, I look like I have pink eye within a few days and the pills are hard on my sensitive stomach. I use it in conjunction with Theratears. It is a little pricey, but I really do think it has helped. I feel if I had mild dry eye, it would be completely cleared up with Theralife. I am still on the fence about Theratears.

Comment

HydroEye

I have been using HydroEye for about a year now and I think it has helped. I only take 2 capsules a day and then supplement with 2 maxium strength fish oil capsules as well (I take one of each in the morning and evening). I just received a bottle of the new formula HydroEye and the amount of Omega 3 (170 mg) is not very much compared to the fish oil capsules which have 720 mg, so I'm not sure the new formula will be that much better. The fish oil capsules have 432 mg of EPA which I think is probably what is working the best for me (also excellent for mood which I think we all need help with in dealing with this!). I am curious if anyone knows what the "Mucin Complex" in HydroEye actually is. In any case, I still have to use drops throughout the day and GenTeal Gel at night but my cholesterol levels are great!

Comment

(waving)

Hi Gaye!!! Nice to see ya - missed you!
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Hello Rebecca

Nice to be back. I've been in and out of the country lately and didn't have much time to get on the forum. Fun to see everyone again.

Comment

Any good sources for this product?

Comment

HydroEye

Hello Bassfan,

I was getting the HydroEye through my eye doctor but now I just get it automatically shipped each month from the company (free shipping). That way I always have it on hand. As for a decent Omega 3/6 product, Wal-Mart carries the Rexall brand and they have many varieties. I always try to go for a 1,200mg or higher. I really do think these two things together have helped me a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X