Is it dry eye?Or could it be something else help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

9 months of severe inflammation is quite detrimental to gland tissues. What caused it to begin with?
    No clue what did it, came out of nowehere. How long have you had inflamed inner eyelids for? Or are they not bad?

Comment

Something similar happened to me when I was using TTO. Don't know how it worked but my glands were pumping very good volume of lipids and the inside of my lid margins were pale pink in the morning after waking up (its usually reddish pink). I don't know if it's due to a decrease in mite activity.

I used ivermectin ointment for the last 5 days. The first day it got inside the eyes and burned like crazy. Next morning I woke up with so much inflammation (inside of my eyelids severely reddish) and I noticed that the yeild of my glands has almost gone to zero. I couldn't keep my eyes open for even a few seconds. After using steroids for the last 6 days there are still tracesof inflammation inside my eyelids. The yield of lipids has just come back slightly. This is what inflammation can do in just a day.
      ​​​​​
      So you are taking steroids? How long have you been taking steroids for ?

Comment

Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

No clue what did it, came out of nowehere. How long have you had inflamed inner eyelids for? Or are they not bad?
        I didn't have inflamed conjunctiva to begin with. I had gritty sensation in my right eye and the edge of the cornea in my right eye was having some inflammation (dialated blood vessels). My left eye was almost asymptomatic. This is about a year ago. My eye actually deteriorated after I started using a eye drop with BAK as preservative for 1 or 2 months. Then I further worsened the situation by too hot compresses that invoked severe inflammation. This is when my left eye became symptomatic. This was around 8 months ago. Now the situation is always dicey. Sometimes good sometimes bad. I think use of sreroids also let demodex infest my glands and lash follicles which also has a contribution now.

Comment

So you are taking steroids? How long have you been taking steroids for ?
          I use steroids intermittently. Like for 1-2 days once or twice a day. Sometimes 4-5 days at a stretch. I use drops for marginal inflammation and ointment at night for severe inflammation. As soon as the inflammation is under control I stop using steroids. Rarely I use steroids for more than 3 days at a stretch.

Comment

I use steroids intermittently. Like for 1-2 days once or twice a day. Sometimes 4-5 days at a stretch. I use drops for marginal inflammation and ointment at night for severe inflammation. As soon as the inflammation is under control I stop using steroids. Rarely I use steroids for more than 3 days at a stretch.
            That sounds so similar to me, I used drops made it worse then I did super hot compresses and that’s when the inflammation went real bad. Steroids is a good way to control inflammation. Are you worried of increasing chances of cataracts. Would you still use steroids if this continues on causing problems? How have u got a doctor that can give you these steroids? I asked and my doctor said “no you’re not bad enough for steroids”

Comment

That sounds so similar to me, I used drops made it worse then I did super hot compresses and that’s when the inflammation went real bad. Steroids is a good way to control inflammation. Are you worried of increasing chances of cataracts. Would you still use steroids if this continues on causing problems? How have u got a doctor that can give you these steroids? I asked and my doctor said “no you’re not bad enough for steroids”
              Yes I was worried of chances of developing premature cataracts or damage to the optic nerve from an increased IOP. But now I am so psychologically upset and hopeless that I have accepted the fact that things might go even worse. My country has no provision for filing a disability claim based on my medical condition. I am so unsure of my future and career that I have surrendered everything in the hands of God. I am finding it extremely difficult to cope up with AC spaces at work and college. I might be housebound soon.

I would continue to use steroids according to my needs to control inflammation. If I don't then inflammation will destroy my glands anyway and I will be doomed.

In my country the regulation regarding distribution of drugs is not too stringent. So I have access to any drug of choice.

Comment

Yes I was worried of chances of developing premature cataracts or damage to the optic nerve from an increased IOP. But now I am so psychologically upset and hopeless that I have accepted the fact that things might go even worse. My country has no provision for filing a disability claim based on my medical condition. I am so unsure of my future and career that I have surrendered everything in the hands of God. I am finding it extremely difficult to cope up with AC spaces at work and college. I might be housebound soon.

I would continue to use steroids according to my needs to control inflammation. If I don't then inflammation will destroy my glands anyway and I will be doomed.

In my country the regulation regarding distribution of drugs is not too stringent. So I have access to any drug of choice.
                I’m really sorry to hear that, I bet this tea tree oil is going to help you. But you need to get some kind of moisture chamber glasses. That’s the only thing that’s provides me any comfort at the moment. If I didn’t have these I don’t know what I would do. I have so little oil that I purely rely on these to stop/slow the evaporation of my aqueous layer. I bought them off wish.com $5 Wileyx glasses that have a foam insert that stop any air coming in. You cannot be going into air con man, not without something, I wear sunnies into every store (wrap around) I get funny looks but **** them. I wear my Wileyx clear glasses at home. You need to stop the evaporation so your glands can get a rest. As much as the steroids help with the glasses you won’t need steroids I don’t think as the glasses will help act as your oil. I feel you man, I really do. Makes me want to cry when I hear what we all have to go through. This world is cruel.

Comment

I’m really sorry to hear that, I bet this tea tree oil is going to help you. But you need to get some kind of moisture chamber glasses. That’s the only thing that’s provides me any comfort at the moment. If I didn’t have these I don’t know what I would do. I have so little oil that I purely rely on these to stop/slow the evaporation of my aqueous layer. I bought them off wish.com $5 Wileyx glasses that have a foam insert that stop any air coming in. You cannot be going into air con man, not without something, I wear sunnies into every store (wrap around) I get funny looks but **** them. I wear my Wileyx clear glasses at home. You need to stop the evaporation so your glands can get a rest. As much as the steroids help with the glasses you won’t need steroids I don’t think as the glasses will help act as your oil. I feel you man, I really do. Makes me want to cry when I hear what we all have to go through. This world is cruel.
                  Thanks for your support! I really appreciate it. I don't know if it was the anti inflammatory effect of TTO or mite control that made me feel so good for a short term. I also don't know if it's due to an in general suppression of inflammation that resulted in the glands to pump good lipids. But one thing is for sure my glands do pump good volume of lipids sometimes. So possibly inflammation is the key. Everything got screwed up heavily after the ointment got inside my eyes.

Anyways I do have ziena nereus with me. They make me feel comfortable but I can't wear them while working or reading because they fog inside when the temperature is cold outside (AC spaces). Don't know how to address the fog issue. My vision gets blurry while on MCGs in AC environments.
                  ​​​​​​
                  I don't know Topher3 what is our fate after all. But we are in severe distress that's for sure. It makes me sad to think I might go housebound. This will affect my life severely and I can't think of recovering from the damage even if my eyes get 100% cured after a few years. Once I discontinue with my career there's no point of return to where I am now. I cried many times. I do have at least 3-4 panic attacks every night and my sleep is a nightmare basically. If this continues I will die of a heart attack before I even decide to kill myself.
                  ​​​​​​
                  You know what's the worst thing?

I still can't believe I suffer from a disease that's practically incurable and also totally disabling at the same time. Even cancer patients have the liberty to perform their basic life activities. This hopeless disease leaves you with no options other than to sit and cry. The one thing I haven't tried are scleral lenses. I don't know if I can tolerate them. Life is at standstill.

Comment

Have you ever considered taking any anxiety meds to help cope with the stress and anxiety this disease brings on a daily basis? I’ve been thinking about taking the leap, however I’ve heard that they can further dry out the eyes making me not want to do it at all.

Also so in regards to the MCGs do people notice they’re them? Have people commented and or pointed and laughed? I’m saving up for a pair and wanted to get your honest opinion on them and how they look if there worth it and suitable for public I would love to go into public without wearing sunglasses and looking weird to everyone wearing them inside at night time
                    Last edited by Topher3; 16-Feb-2019, 08:13.

Comment

I’ve been thinking about taking the leap, however I’ve heard that they can further dry out the eyes making me not want to do it at all.
                      That's exactly why I won't take anxiety relieving drugs ever. It also slowly damages your CNS and the brain over long term. So a big NO. I think it's better to rely on people's support and meditation if possible to cope up with the anxiety. But for me anxiety is not the real issue it's the fact that this disease is going to toss my career badly if I can't manage it well. So anxiety is bound to exist.

Also so in regards to the MCGs do people notice they’re them? Have people commented and or pointed and laughed? I’m saving up for a pair and wanted to get your honest opinion on them and how they look if there worth it and suitable for public I would love to go into public without wearing sunglasses and looking weird to everyone wearing them inside at night time
                      Honestly I don't give a **** to anyone who will laugh at my medical condition. I will walk up to them and say "hey man do you think it's funny to have a medical condition that disrupts your life to the point you contemplate killing yourself? I have dry eyes and there's nothing funny about it in the eyes of a sensible person (unless you are an immatured fu**er)" . So I don't care what people would think or react of my MCGs. They are your eyes man. You certainly don't want to let your eyes get damaged just because people might think you are a weirdo. What about physically handicapped persons?

Is it sensible to laugh at a person with a walking support whose legs have been damaged by polio?

It's your life and you must decide in favor of your personal benefit irrespective of the opinion of others.

Go for zienna since they are the most acceptable ones if you still have a sense of awkwardness. I would personally roam naked in the streets of UK or US if somebody offered me a dry eye "cure" at this moment (I am serious).

Comment

Have you ever considered taking any anxiety meds to help cope with the stress and anxiety this disease brings on a daily basis? I’ve been thinking about taking the leap, however I’ve heard that they can further dry out the eyes making me not want to do it at all.

I take xanax whenever I feel anxious and really dont notice a difference if my eyes get dryer when I take them or not my eyes are dry all the time and even worser at night they feel like they're glued to my eyelids when I wake up to pee.Like i said i feel like xanax eases my pain for some reason doctor tells me to take 3 a day but I only take them when necessary it also helps me from going insane with this disease that no 1 seems to take serious just last month I went to the hospital my eyes were hurting so bad they gave me a chart eye test and looked at my eyes with a flashlight and told me to follow up with my doctor 2 hours of waiting for nothing stay strong friends now I know why alot of dry eye patients feel suicidal 1 question what are mcgs

Comment

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

I take xanax whenever I feel anxious and really dont notice a difference if my eyes get dryer when I take them or not my eyes are dry all the time and even worser at night they feel like they're glued to my eyelids when I wake up to pee.Like i said i feel like xanax eases my pain for some reason doctor tells me to take 3 a day but I only take them when necessary it also helps me from going insane with this disease that no 1 seems to take serious just last month I went to the hospital my eyes were hurting so bad they gave me a chart eye test and looked at my eyes with a flashlight and told me to follow up with my doctor 2 hours of waiting for nothing stay strong friends now I know why alot of dry eye patients feel suicidal 1 question what are mcgs
                          MCG stands for moisture chamber glasses. They are special kind of spectacles that cover up the area around your orbits creating a chamber that retains moisture around your eyes. This reduces the rate of evaporation of your tear film and makes you feel comfortable and prevents further inflammatory damage.

Comment

MCG stands for moisture chamber glasses. They are special kind of spectacles that cover up the area around your orbits creating a chamber that retains moisture around your eyes. This reduces the rate of evaporation of your tear film and makes you feel comfortable and prevents further inflammatory damage.
                            I got these from amazon yesterday 1 day after ordering them, I'm going to be using them at my job alot of heat and air from fans we make car mats, do you think they'll help me at home too barely any air comes in really sealed up compare to my other safety glasses

Comment

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

I got these from amazon yesterday 1 day after ordering them, I'm going to be using them at my job alot of heat and air from fans we make car mats, do you think they'll help me at home too barely any air comes in really sealed up compare to my other safety glasses
                              Can you share the link again?

It redirects me to the amazon home page.

Yes if the fit is good then it will certainly help and MCGs should be worn all waking hours (both home and work) to protect the eyes from getting drier due to evaporation. It's not about just air getting around your eyes but evaporation will take place even if you stay in a windless environment. So you should wear moisture chamber glasses all time you keep your eyes open.

Comment

Can you share the link again?

It redirects me to the amazon home page.

Yes if the fit is good then it will certainly help and MCGs should be worn all waking hours (both home and work) to protect the eyes from getting drier due to evaporation. It's not about just air getting around your eyes but evaporation will take place even if you stay in a windless environment. So you should wear moisture chamber glasses all time you keep your eyes open.
                                I tried sharing the link but dont really know how I dont want to get banned from the forums here's the link again, I went to the mall today to test my eyes plus to get away from the house and man it wasnt good my eyes started getting so uncomfortable and painful due to the air inside the mall my eyes are so sensitive to wind and I had lacrisert in my eyes I dont know if you're familiar it's like tiny rice inside your eyes that's supposed to keep them moist but it doesnt work for me light sensitivity wasn't too bad though

https://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-Safet...safety+goggles

Comment

Working...
                                X