Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meibomian Gland Regeneration - A little hope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post
    CJ L. I tried the sclerals and couldnt tolerate them my eyes where still burning in pain even after having them on my doctor told me to go see a neurologist because it's weird that my eyes still hurt after having sclerals on. I dont know what to do anymore this pain is unbearable I just want to die doctors seem clueless, can eyes hurt even with sclerals on if eyeglands are clogged and oil is not being produced can someone help me out with this question
    Just my opinion, but I also have had pretty severe MGD for years and have had sclerals for one year. I got the sclerals coincidentally because a botched cataract surgery left me with irregular astigmatism that can't be corrected with glasses, so sclerals were my only option to see out of that eye. However, my MGD is much more tolerable than before the sclerals. On my yearly checkup I asked the contact doc to check my oil glands and she said the bottom lid on that eye was still very blocked. But my symptoms and pain are much better with the sclerals. Sometimes it can take several tries to get the fit right, and you do need a doctor that is very experienced in fitting scleral lenses. It can be a long process getting the right fit, but if you have a good doctor he/she will keep trying until the fit is right. In the meantime, I would recommend that you follow through with the neurologist appointment to see if they can offer any insight into your particular problem to rule out other issues besides the severe MGD. I do know how miserable that pain can be, but you must be relentless in your pursuit to get different opinions and try any and all recommendations doctors make, because you will eventually get answers. And sometimes it is a combination of things that will eventually help. In my case (and we are all different), I do a combination of things, and I really don't know if it's the combination of things or one particular thing that helps since I do them all: Warm compresses without fail twice a day, Restasis, a good brand of triglyceride Omega 3 (I use Nordic Naturals 2x daily), and doxycycline. You may have tried some or all of these already, but I just thought I'd throw them out there for you to think about. You have to be your own advocate, because so many doctors "just don't get it." It took me many years to get better, but I can tell you there is HOPE out there, just don't give up!!

Comment

I have been at these sclerals for almost a month now. Yup, it's a pain to get them in right. When I luck out it's pretty darn nice. I have to allow an hour to an hour and a half to do this. I found I have to carry a few tings with me so I can take them out once I get the slightest hint if irritation. Hopefully your doc will be helpful in this learning process and get you right in. Question, does the doc get these in for you at the office so they don't bother you? Or do they still do? I have to bring my original cases with me when I go in case they have to send them or one of them back for adjustment or replaced in case they do not fit right. Maybe there is a problem there? I haven't been at these for too long so I am no expert. Just going by the doc I am using. I hope it works out as I have know eye pain well. Over 60 years of it. Maybe a second opinion might be in order? Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
      X