Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral Lens Questions for Anyone Out There Who's Used Them

Hi all,

Just looking for some help/similar experiences/thoughts on scleral lens fittings. I'm located in the US and have been working with my ophthalmologist to fit a pair of Boston PROSE sclerals. I have moderate MGD; he's said he's seen much worse, but the bottom line is my eyes burn. Simple as that. By 7pm all I want to do is go to bed. I'm very short with my wife because of the frustration and am now an anxiety ridden mess when anyone asks me to do anything in a public place.

I start a new job next week, the first time in a year I haven't worked from home where I have control of my environment (high humidity, limited screen time, can use a warm compress whenever I like) and am PETRIFIED of being in an office environment with low humidity and recycled air. .

Back to my original question: I just had my third and what I'm told is final set of Sclerals made. When I put them in, it is night and day. It feels like my eyes are being cooled down. I feel normal. It's truly life-altering (for a brief while). According to my dr, the fit looks great, there is minimal debris and no redness as a result of wearing them. All good things, right? My issue is they begin to give me dull headaches about 3-4 hours in. They get worse as it goes on. The best way I can describe it is if you wore glasses that weren't strong enough and you had to squint all day. A huge amount of fatigue sets in. The problem is is my vision seems fine.

I guess one of my questions is is this part of the 'breaking them in' process? My doctor seems to think so. Has anyone who successfully wears PROSE found that there was a rather painful acclimation period?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and listen.

I am new with these but found sometimes I just have to take them out and give it a rest. When possible I was just using one for a while then switched back to the other. I am told it is a question of the eyes adjusting and also working together. Some days for me are worse than others but seem to be working out I think. Guessing I need more time. Don't mind taking them out but putting them in is such a hassle, at least for me. But I would not want to be without them now. Unless a better way is found. Also, look into a personal humidifier for the moisture. I have no experience with them but have read about them. Since I work out of me house that is not an issue with me. Some of the ore experienced people here may have better ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X