Just wanted to let everyone know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to let everyone know

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know what a wonderful site this is. I have been searching other forums out there and have found a big difference here. On one particular site, while the people are friendly there is a lot of anger (rightly so due to the fact it is all due to elective lasik) but weren't a lot of good tips or problem solving things. In fact I began to panic at some of the conditions that were discussed.
    I know these people need to vent and I am not saying that is bad. But for me at the end of the day I appreciate feeling that there are people trying to go on with their lives and passing tips, encouragement, etc. for others to do the same.
    So thank you for making this that place.
    One more thing... I saw quite a few referrals to Dr. Holly's drops. I am definately going to try them.

Hi Heather - we all need to hang in there. I sent you a private message (PM) with some suggestions that are working for me (most were posted previously on this site) since we are both around the same period in our LASIK recovery.

Comment

Ditto, Heather!

Originally posted by heather g
      Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you all know what a wonderful site this is. I have been searching other forums out there and have found a big difference here. On one particular site, while the people are friendly there is a lot of anger (rightly so due to the fact it is all due to elective lasik) but weren't a lot of good tips or problem solving things. In fact I began to panic at some of the conditions that were discussed.
      I know these people need to vent and I am not saying that is bad. But for me at the end of the day I appreciate feeling that there are people trying to go on with their lives and passing tips, encouragement, etc. for others to do the same.
      So thank you for making this that place.
      One more thing... I saw quite a few referrals to Dr. Holly's drops. I am definately going to try them.
      I just wanted to add my heartfelt agreement with Heather. This is such an encouraging, caring place to come to. It's just incredible, as are the people here. The tips, encouragement and genuine caring really have gone a long way towards helping my depression over this condition. Thanks to you all. And Heather, I am so glad you found this board, too! Keep us all updated on your condition, problems, successes and all.
      Love,
      Carolyn Yvonne
      Last edited by CarolynYvonne; 16-Nov-2006, 01:06. Reason: add bold type to quote

Comment

Thanks for the positive posts! I admit I was quite a mess after reading last night. Posting here and your responses made me have hope again. I am angry at times that I did this. ANd feel sorry for myself, need to let it out sometimes. But I don't want to feel the level of anger I found out there...
        Coming here is a wonderful support. I never miss a day. And some of the tips have given me comfort (however small) And when dealing with this horrible dry eye that is worth millions!
        I want to put all my energy into getting "better" or at least better than this.
        Heather

Comment

Working...
        X