How do you use your eye drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use your eye drops?

I was having a conversation with a colleague who is using eye drops for an eye injury and he was saying it’s a pain you have to close your eyes for 2 mins after each time you put in a drop.

This was a revelation for me as all I do after putting in an eye drop is close my eyes for a couple of seconds and roll my eyes around a bit.

Having done a quick google search it seems like you really are supposed to close your eyes for 2 minutes but nobody has ever advised me how to use eye drops properly.

So how do you use yours? Am I doing it wrong?

I think it doesnt really matter.

Comment

For prescription eye drops and serum tears I usually close my eyes for 30-60 seconds or so and roll my eyes. For regular vial re-wetting eye drops I just close for a second or two as you do and go about my business.

I put in eye drops about 20x a day at any location I'm at and while driving (risky I know), so closing my eyes for a minute or two isn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Glucoa View Post
        For prescription eye drops and serum tears I usually close my eyes for 30-60 seconds or so and roll my eyes. For regular vial re-wetting eye drops I just close for a second or two as you do and go about my business.

I put in eye drops about 20x a day at any location I'm at and while driving (risky I know), so closing my eyes for a minute or two isn't possible.
        This makes sense - I’m trying to do the same now with my serum drops.

Comment

Working...
        X