Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

Well the Oasis Form Fit plug in my right upper punctum decided to stop working. All the sudden my eyes are totally dry. I go to the doctor and she said that it is still in there but that it is only occluding 80 percent of my tears. Great. So she put another plug in and it fell out the next day. She is ordering another plug cuz my punctums are so darn big that it is hard to find a good fit. Swell........So.... I am going to have to use artificial tears for about a week just to survive. I haven't used them in years and there are dozens out there. What are the best artificial tears/drops out there now that really work ??? Thanks for you help.

Jade-ask 10 different people and you'll get 10 different answers. Personally, I like the drops available on this website, but since you need them NOW and will likely go to your local drug store, a couple of suggestions........
    1. Theratears
    2. Refresh or Refresh Plus

If you only have a week while you think you'll be using these drops, probably not a lot of thought needs to go into this. Actually, trial and error is how most of us arrive at our favorites. I wouldn't struggle too much with making a choice. Probably safe to assume something without preservative would be best. You'll have lots of time later to try different drops if you need to.

Or- another suggestion...........go find the eyedrop aisle and close your eyes and pick one. My first suggestion is probably best, although the last probably wouldn't be much different.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Lucy

PS. You'll probably get so many suggestions, it'll add confusion to dry eyes. LOL.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

If you ask the DEZ world at large, my guess is:

Half of them will say none of the tears in the pharmacies is any good.

The other half will tell you their most-favored or at any rate their least-hated. This in turn will depend on whether they prefer their eye lubricants to be clear, watery, thin, thick, neat, sloppy, milky, goopy, or downright greasy. Or they may have been converted to the gospel of lipids, mucomimetics, osmolarity, or oncotic pressure.

I say, stick with Lucy's advice (either one). Incidentally, our ongoing poll bears her out on all counts, I think.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Hey thanks Guys.....I'm curious though, what kind of artificial tears are NOT available in the drug store...but would be available on this website? Just curious...thanks

Comment

Working...
        X