what's the deal with Wal-Mart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the deal with Wal-Mart?

GGGGRRRRRRRRR..... I just got back from Wal-Mart, and I really dislike that place. Apart from all the people, it bothers my eyes so bad. I have to put drops in before and while I am in there. Apparently it bothers alot of people, because I seen a guy putting in drops also. My husband, who does not have any eye problems, says that Wal-Mart makes his eyes itch. My eye doctor told me he hears alot of complaints about Wal-Mart from his patients. It must be the way the vents blow downward. I have experimented by wearing a hat to see if it helps. It doesn't. I just wondered if anybody else has this problem.

"Big-box" stores -- stores with lots of square footage -- bother lots of us: shopping malls, grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Costco, Sam's, BJ's, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., etc.

Heavily ventilated, and--in some cases (think lumber)--chemicals in the air.

If I think about it next time I =have= to grocery shop, I'll take my little humidity meter and figure out just how bad it is....

Comment

This is weird and bothers almost everybody. Also, in the category of big stores, airports etc. are people who have had refractive surgery and the environment plays tricks on you...........a feeling of "not really being there" and a really, weird sensation of dizziness, vertigo and the like. It's most uncomfortable and some folks just can't stand being in those places. I have a feeling this is something we become accustomed to (with the refractive surgery) and sort of blend the weirdness into some sort of normal for us. Still, we like to get in and get out asap.

This is NOT an old wives' tale.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Update on My Eyes

Hello everyone and I do apologize that I haven't been on for so long. Well it's now winter here in Idaho and that means more dry, Im sick of dry, it's now 4 years that I have been dealing with severe dry eye and MGD, no progress the same old same old. Pulling strings out left and right but I've came to the understanding of my condition and just live with it as happy as I can because I truly feel there will never be a cure, if only the strings could be stopped I'd be much more able to handle the dryness. Thanksgiving was great I cooked of course lol and I wanted to wish all of you a Happy Holiday and I will try my best to keep up with all of you. God Bless Delilah

Comment

Thanks, Delilah-
          It's always good to hear from you.
          C66

Comment

Unfortunately for me the building I work in is exactly like one of these "big box" stores. If I have to go into a walmart or whatever on a weekend when I havent been working, I'm okay for about an hour before my eyes start to bother me. But, If I work for 8 hours, and then have to go to one of these stores afterwards, it is pure torture. I had to do this last week, as soon as I stepped into the store I had to almost completely shut my eyes, leaving them open just enough so I could barely see where I was going. Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of setting foot in one of these places after work, But I needed ...you guessed it...eye drops.

Comment

I was in one today, thanks to our recent snowstorm, vainly looking for a snow shovel (none) and ice scraper (sold out).

Instead of having a greeter they really ought to have someone at the entrance handing out single-dose eyedrops and maybe renting goggles.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Ha ha I definitely agree with you Rebecca. I think they should attach a humidifier to some of the buggys and put them next to the wheelchairs because dry eye is definitely a handicap!

Comment

Working...
                X