So thankful for this website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So thankful for this website

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this website. I posted my story the first night I found it. I was feeling really really down. However, since reading some of the other stories, I realize that it could be a lot worse. I think that just knowing that I am not alone and that I am not crazy has also helped. I really sympathize with everyone on here. I feel especially bad for people who have dry eye and do not know why. I know that I caused my dry eye and I have to live with that. Anyways I just wanted to say how glad I am that there is a place where DES sufferers can come together.

I think a lot of us feel much as you do....

Funny, though: Rebecca made a comment on another thread about how--at least at first--finding DEZ COULD make you feel WORSE! That was one of the things that kept me away from support groups and forums for years.

And ... sometimes ... it still DOES bring me down a bit. I'd rather that NOBODY were going through what I go through

But then somebody posts a thread saying they're okay. Sometimes a drop or a lens or a medication has changed their life. Sometimes nothing has changed, medically, but they've found their way through the darkness and are okay. Either way: these sorts of posts do much to lift my spirits.

One thing, though:
    I know that I caused my dry eye and I have to live with that.
    My situation is very different from yours BUT ... I try very hard to send a different message to myself about how my eyes got so dry. I blame the drops, not myself. Maybe you can blame the procedure instead of YOURself. I have the feeling that it amounts to a choice between dealing with anger and dealing with depression--a lousy set of choices, to be sure, but ... when there's work to be done, mouths to feed, and life to be lived, being plastered to the couch isn't a very good start.

I wish you all the best in this journey.

Neil

Comment

Working...
    X