Still lurking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still lurking about

It's been another long while since I last posted. I did IPL last year to just have 7 seconds again, which is better than when I started. I've just kept up with omega eye fish oil, optimel, warm compress now and again and ketofall (ketoifien). I've been at university but it hasnt gone well and I'm due to start my other course hopefully? But keep being in debates about doing it due to eye condition and stress of last time. This time around, I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to dust I've had more than one reaction both when cleaning today a delayed allergic reaction on my hand and back when I was in Aberdeen. I'm not sure If my eyes are any better or worse to be fair. Been prescribed hydrocortisone for inflammation. I'm unsure how to avoid dust, I've used all traditional methods for allergies... keep trying to find a loop hole about it. I dont know if anyone else has this but it seems allergies effect my lower oil glands more than my upper ones? (I see more oil flow out of my top ones quicker and more than the bottom ones which take time and very little comes out). I'm positive if I had just a little more to push myself for the oil part I would be having relief. It's been a long battle currently back on anxiety medication due to more than one thing going on including this virus. I feel a bit well scared due to that wnd also unsure if I've did better or worse in eye treatment. I still get some symptoms that feel like pain behind or on my eye I dont get it? Papillary rwction is still there (if I pull my lower lid down and in the light I see small bumps still there), I know this is why I'm still getting irritation and this irritation I'd like to think is what is continuing the inflammation... but I've been on steroids before so nervous it wont do much? I've got a trial of two months. There was no help at the eye hospital no recommendation only told my tbut was 6 seconds and I was using castor oil then. My optremist can only prescribe steroids in the short term. I dont know if using moisture chamber goggles would help with the constant irritation I get? I used swimming goggles the last time that just steamed up alot. My optremist also told me hed like to tell them at the eye hospital everything I've tried and pushed me for ikervis to see if its something I could get onto to try... I didnt teliease how expensive it is! But for some reason the repeated allergic responce is just causing me irritation to my eye lids. Which is effecting my oil glands. I can feel when I'm blinking it doesnt feel right due to the irritation, I still have itching and some slight burning at times. Last year was 7 seconds I'm unsure if it's still the same or not. I would like to hope it's the same. I'm.stuck because other options are at the eye hospital and been preferred and thought I'd be there last year and ask about treatments rather than now. I never pressed at the eye hospital years ago to try new treatments I just didnt feel well. Ikervis and serum drops dont know how they work on allergic/mgd based eyes. Scelera lenses was a suggestion from my optremist but I fear due to the allergic bumps I would be unsuitable to wear these? I've never wore contact lenses. I keep trying to look at natural ways for allergies like vitamin C keeps being one to help with things... nettle... butterbur but dont know who else has been down this route? My problem now is: I'm close in routine, but still a bit away. I'm more positive that I'd be able to keep up a routine for eye comfort if that's what it takes. It's just finding this routine is trying lots of different things lately. I did ask for allergy testing in Aberdeen to be told I need to know what I'm testing for and if I'm actually allergic to them? I'm like then why am i requesting a test for you to tell me i need know?? I told them I'm.sure its dust mites to be quickly shunted off when I told them its mild. But the problem more so is: its constant. Nasal congestion. Itchy eyes. Papillary reaction. Some skin reaction. Slight burning. The usual symptoms. I'm not sure what else to say, I genuinely thought mild allergies would be easy to control but it seems like it's not? I've hovered alot. In Aberdeen I bought a small air purifier and thought it worked for a while (no nasal congestion)... and then it happened again nasal congestion. So I'm back on here looking for some advice. All I've seen for dust mites is humidifier, air purifier, hoovering alot, removing carpet. Asked my mum about removing carpet.... which is a big no go! It does make me wonder now, if I lived in a place with just laminent flooring how much would my symptoms be and would I still have the allergy component? I've told the guy I'm dating I would like to have a home just with laminent flooring to see if this could help me. I've complained to him about it, and hes been very sweet in telling me hed do anything to make me happy and help me in any way I can. I remember back in January I was I'll with tonsilitis again, and he helped me get better. Very irrelevant to the case in this matter. But hes the only one who's been supportive. my only hope is again controlling this disease, and getting it under control with measures I can follow rather than the opposite of this disease making me miserable. I've followed a bad pattern lately of sleeping in late, and doing very little university work (I'm having a case of no motivation due to mental health) so I'm trying my best to work on this. I'm on propanalol and have used sleeping medication to help me in the main time. Sorry if this is a bit jumpy and hope you all get the idea. For a little while my mind keeps for some reason acting as if I'll get this soon but no hints as to what, reminissing to periods when my eyes were essentially fine. It's been a werid ride lately. Of hope and no hope. All I'd like to know if apart from immunology shots have people gotten allergies under control to regain eye comfort? I'd like to l hope this steriod might bring some relief. Only just learned it's a hormone based eye drop! And seems to be good for mgd, allergies and dry eye. So heres hoping?? I manage to get my hands on it tommorow and then being my trial for it. I will say this, I am thankful I'm not alone in this disease. Unfortunately it's not nice for anyone to have this disease, but I'm truly not alone. It helps keep me from being sad and helps me bring back some realisation. I've been online posts for Facebook and seeing what other ways people use or methods. Anyway, I guess this is it for this post?
Working...
X