Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I reduce the redness from dry eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can I reduce the redness from dry eyes.

Background: early February my eyes went from perfect to painful over the course of a couple days. went to a optometrist who told me that I have dry eyes. he gave me systane complete eye drop to use four times a day. the next several weeks were painful, the drop helped but not enough. I went to an ophthalmologist who said I could take the drops more frequently and recommended using a warm compress daily. after a couple days I decided to use the warm compress every couple hours, that must have done something because the next couple weeks I woke up with white/yellow goo on my eyes and the pain significantly decreased.

Current situation: I went back to one warm compress a day, and am trying out various drops to see what works best. the problem is that it seems like my eyes are gradually getting redder and I not sure why. considering the pain from the dry eyes was reduced I'd think the redness should also reduce.

the doc also dropped some yellow drops in my eyes and said the tear film broke up kinda quick. and that there was no sign of Blepharitis.

Im going to try preservative free drops for a while and see if that helps. I've been taking fish oil pills over the last month.

I will appreciate hearing any help or suggestions.
Working...
X