New doctor told me my dryness is imaginary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New doctor told me my dryness is imaginary

Havent posted in a while so i went to a new optomolegist he did probing but never used the thing to squeeze so the oil can come out after a few weeks i went for a second appointment and he told me i produce good tears and i told him what about my oil he said my oil production is ok and that my pain is imaginary that i shouldn't be at home not working to seek a psychiatric help. What i dont understant is why my other doctors told me .my oil production is low my lipid layer is at 37 and i cant watch tv or be on my phone or even dj on my laptop or go to the jewels or Walmart without pain i couldnt drive before now i can atleast do that my question is for anyone in here can my oil production be enough to cause my severe pain and dryness i also had double vision when all this started and light sensitivity not anymore,i know I'm not crazy can anyone give me their opinion please

If you know it is not true, then do not listen to people who say it is imaginary. Find someone who understands your pain, do not let it get you down. Even if the pain is hard to se, it can still be there. Stay strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Member View Post
      If you know it is not true, then do not listen to people who say it is imaginary. Find someone who understands your pain, do not let it get you down. Even if the pain is hard to se, it can still be there. Stay strong!
      Thank you for your reply I'm thinking maybe it's neuropathic pain

Comment

Originally posted by Dryeyes1984 View Post

Thank you for your reply I'm thinking maybe it's neuropathic pain
        I remember a video of Donald Korb mentioning neuropathic pain; for him it's plain and simple: if you put on swimming goggles for some time and you still have pain, then it is neuropathic pain.
        You'll have to look at my post history or use the search function if you want to find the video I am mentioning (it's a two part video of a conference he gave to ophthalmologists in Spain).

Comment

I dont know how can my pain be imaginary though with a lipid layer of 37 m6 eyes are always burning

Comment

Your doctor is a fool. Find a new one, one who understands that the eyes are the windows to the soul and if your eyes are diseased, it will negatively affect your life in ways you'll never even know, e.g. maybe you don't get the job because your eyes were too red and they thought you seemed sleepy. Most doctors don't understand that, so find one who does.

Comment

Please try to seek a second opinion. I don't think what s/he said was that helpful.
              If you feel pain that has no visible cause, or shouldn't exist, that doesn't necessarily mean it's psychological.
              As you say it could be a neuropathic pain. It could be that the pain receptors are not functioning correctly.

If your eyes are burning, then it could even be related to allergies. Burning is a common symptom of an allergic reaction.
              You need to see someone who can help.

In the meantime, there are a number of things that you could try out to see if they help, including:
              - good eyelid hygiene to rule out blepharitis (irritated eyelids) by using eye wipes at least twice per day.
              - taking anti-histamines to reduce any irritation
              - avoid any gluten/dairy products so that you reduce systemic irritation
              - reduce screen contact and rest more than normal
              - increase water consumption
              - use hypoallergenic face washes / moisturisers and avoiding perfumes and anything that can irritate the eye.
              - if you can afford blephasteam goggles then I would get a pair of them (£200). they may help if dry eye is a problem. search the forum for people who found success and others who felt they didn't help.

Hoping it can be resolved quickly for you and that they can give you a helpful diagnosis. Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by lipino View Post
                Your doctor is a fool. Find a new one, one who understands that the eyes are the windows to the soul and if your eyes are diseased, it will negatively affect your life in ways you'll never even know, e.g. maybe you don't get the job because your eyes were too red and they thought you seemed sleepy. Most doctors don't understand that, so find one who does.
                I meant to say i haven't work in a year due to my eye pain

Comment

Originally posted by benja5290 View Post
                  Please try to seek a second opinion. I don't think what s/he said was that helpful.
                  If you feel pain that has no visible cause, or shouldn't exist, that doesn't necessarily mean it's psychological.
                  As you say it could be a neuropathic pain. It could be that the pain receptors are not functioning correctly.

If your eyes are burning, then it could even be related to allergies. Burning is a common symptom of an allergic reaction.
                  You need to see someone who can help.

In the meantime, there are a number of things that you could try out to see if they help, including:
                  - good eyelid hygiene to rule out blepharitis (irritated eyelids) by using eye wipes at least twice per day.
                  - taking anti-histamines to reduce any irritation
                  - avoid any gluten/dairy products so that you reduce systemic irritation
                  - reduce screen contact and rest more than normal
                  - increase water consumption
                  - use hypoallergenic face washes / moisturisers and avoiding perfumes and anything that can irritate the eye.
                  - if you can afford blephasteam goggles then I would get a pair of them (£200). they may help if dry eye is a problem. search the forum for people who found success and others who felt they didn't help.

Hoping it can be resolved quickly for you and that they can give you a helpful diagnosis. Best wishes.
                  Ive been to 10 opthomologist and one does lipi flow the other probing another 1 sclerals another 1serum tears but nothing helps I've gone 1 week without looking at screens and that doesnt solve my problem seems like if i stare at anything for longer than 20 seconds my eyes start hurting should i try to go longer than a week thank you for your support

Comment

Working...
                  X