Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have MGD and have no eye glands but no blepharitis (I have no quality of life)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have MGD and have no eye glands but no blepharitis (I have no quality of life)

I was diagnosed with MGD and I do not have eye glands in my left eye. Maybe like 1 and a half. But I also don't have blepharitis or crustiness or red eye. It took a long time and many different eye doctors to get my diagnosis. Im wondering if it's possible i have a different condition since I don't have blepharitis which typically comes with MGD. But im miserable. I have no quality of life and can't enjoy anything or anyone because I am in so much discomfort. It just feels like I have a chunk of sandpaper in my eye. I honestly don't think i can live the rest of my life with this. Its so awful. Does anyone have any advice? Or does anyone have something similar to this? If i splash hot water in my eye for a minute and squeeze my eye really hard a few times i get immediate relief but it comes back almost immediately. I dont know what to do. Im just so miserable
    Last edited by DKott27; 13-Sep-2020, 17:14.

Originally posted by DKott27 View Post
    I was diagnosed with MGD and I do not have eye glands in my left eye. Maybe like 1 and a half. But I also don't have blepharitis or crustiness or red eye. It took a long time and many different eye doctors to get my diagnosis. Im wondering if it's possible i have a different condition since I don't have blepharitis which typically comes with MGD. But im miserable. I have no quality of life and can't enjoy anything or anyone because I am in so much discomfort. It just feels like I have a chunk of sandpaper in my eye. I honestly don't think i can live the rest of my life with this. Its so awful. Does anyone have any advice? Or does anyone have something similar to this? If i splash hot water in my eye for a minute and squeeze my eye really hard a few times i get immediate relief but it comes back almost immediately. I dont know what to do. Im just so miserable
    Hi,

Have you had Meibograhpy done? This tells you what you're glands are like. I also have MGD and no Blepharitis. I still clean my eyelids every couple of days, but yeah, it's bizarre to see no crustiness or anything but still have bad MGD. Mine is the worst when I wake up. Throughout the day it's not too bad, as long as I don't go outside for too long.

I think gland Probing might be a help to you. Have you tried or asked about this?

Comment

Working...
    X