Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am doing MUCH better

Hi Friends!

It's been ages and I feel like I owe everyone on this forum an update. Rebecca told me you can go a long time without seeing a positive post because the people who improve move on with their lives and leave the forum behind. It definitely skews the general mood of any forum based on a medical condition. I apologize for adhering to this stereotype.

I wanted to let you all know that things are generally good these days.

When I was at my worst...
    I had to take an extended leave of absence from my job due to extremely dry eyes, and I am happy to report that not only am I back at the office, but I recently got a promotion .
    I barely saw friends or family, but now I lead a have an active social life. Before covid I regularly went to dinner with friends or on dates.
    I barely exercised but now I can deadlift over 200 pounds!

I'm still symptomatic. My oil glands are my biggest problem now, but I'm no longer in pain all the time and ostensibly I'm pretty "normal." I have hope that I will find a treatment that will help the MGD eventually, but for now I can live with it even though I'm not happy about it!

My biggest piece of advice: Take care of your mental health. I put off going back on antidepressants for ages because I was afraid they'd dry me out, but they've literally been a lifesaver.

xoxox
    Hang in there

Hello,

Thanks for this positive message !
    How do you feel now ?
    Which tretment helped you to get better ?

Comment

Working...
    X