Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Hi! Sorry for my English, I'm from Russia so I'm not a native speaker.

Never had problems with my eyes. My vision is almost perfect, however, I am a dedicated computer user. In December, I started getting strange sensations in my eyes, especially in the left one. Mostly it was pain/dryness in the inner part near to nose. Also my eyes were feeling very tired and dry, especially at night, I just wanted to close them. After sleep, they were more like teary with some debris on eyelids. Never had red or inflamed eyes, they look normal.

So, I was feeling very uncomfortable. And dry air at stores or in my car was giving me the worst discomfort. I decided to visit a doctor after the holidays (still waiting), and to start caring about my eyes.

What I have been doing:
    - artificial tears but now I can go without them most of the time
    - f.lux for working with computer. Don't think it makes a huge difference, since my eyes are not that sensitive to screens
    ​- omega 3 supplements. Started two weeks ago, don't know if it helps or not. I'll continue taking them, it can't do any harm I suppose
    - air humidifier at night but it didn't make any difference. Maybe it's not very strong. In humid places (outside for example, winter is very humid here) I feel completely normal.
    - warm compresses! I bought a USB heated mask and I've been applying it for 10-15 minutes two times a day. I think it's the most helpful thing for me. I started doing them a week ago, and I noticed an improvement very soon. At night, my eyes don't feel tired and irritated, now I can stare at screens even at 11pm. The pain went away after several days, almost completely. Now I experience just an unpleasant feeling of dryness mostly in my "bad" left eye. And still have morning debris. So my eyes still are not normal, and I'd like to get rid of this feeling. Maybe it's to soon to expect my warm compresses to fully work? Or, maybe, I have to do eyelid massage after my compress? Maybe I need to do eyelid hygiene? Or maybe I should consider treatments like ipl? I want to hear your experience with compresses. I saw an improvement, but will it be progressive?

​​​​​Thanks in advance,
    Lisa
    ​​​
Working...
X