Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recurrent Corneal Erosion Followed By Blepharitis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent Corneal Erosion Followed By Blepharitis?

Hello all,

In December 2019, I scratched my left eye twice in the same week. That was followed by a bout of recurrent corneal erosion. I used muro and didn't have any erosions for months. I had some more problems in Fall of 2020 and that has continued until now.

I have been diagnosed with blepharitis but am so confused as to what that means. As best I can tell, it means eyelid inflammation caused by any number of things. In my case, I'm not sure if it's mites, MGD, or just inflammation from the RCEs. Or from using muro. I started doing hot compresses and the eyelid seems to be less swollen. But cold compresses also feel good.

In your experience, how can I get an opthalmologist to help me pin the problem down? I have met with several opthalmologists but no one has ever checked my glands, for instance. I've never gotten an antibiotic. A couple gave me a steroid and said it should calm down but the steroids have done nothing. I am a little at a loss and would appreciate any help as far as getting an opthalmologist to take this a little more seriously....

If it helps, if the eye feels good in the morning, it usually feels good all day. So, I'm hoping to god it's not some kind of gland problem or mites. Because wouldn't that mean the eye would also have issues at times other than in the morning?

Hi, sorry to hear what you are going through. Sorting through these sorts of eye problems is so frustrating isn't it? I was told I have blepharitis too, and it does mean inflammation. And yes there are different causes from what I understand.

As for how to get the problem explained to you have you ever seen an optometrist whom specializes in dry eyes? I honestly had far more help from them than from the ophthalmologist I visited. One optometrist I saw also had the equipment to check my glands. Note though some of them don't have the equipment to check your glands so you have to carefully research who to see before going. I honestly don't think the ophthalmologists I have seen where I am actually have this equipment though perhaps some others do or do in your area.

Best of luck to you, and come back and let us know how you're doing.

Comment

Working...
    X