Recurrent broken blood vessels in one eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recurrent broken blood vessels in one eye

I'm sort of at a loss as to what to do about this after being denied help for it by an eye doctor. Over the past ten years or so, I sometimes have gotten a serious broken blood vessel in one eye. They don't affect my vision even if they look positively ghastly (half my eye will fill with blood.) I thought the last time it happened years ago that I knew why this was happening, at the time I was going for acupuncture and I believed a herb I was taking was a blood thinner so it seemed to "make sense" why it might occur. But in the past few weeks I have had another, and after stopping just about everything i could think of that i was taking that might be blood thinning it happened again. Last one had not healed.

I went to an eye doc expressly to address this, instead they honed in on the MGD, and didn't really address the bleeding besides saying it would go away. I was told that it could be related to blood sugar or pressure, both of which I know. Had diabetes test not too long ago, nothing bad came back. I'll be taking my blood pressure though that of course won't measure pressure in my eye.

I should mention leading up to this I had a small spot of blood which I think was just from pressing a bit too hard while doing a cloth compress. I had to give up the heated weighted compress because they weighed so much on my eye that it would wind up bloody. Nothing as bad as it has been lately but, it was obvious it was not good for me.

I also bruise fairly easily too so I assume that this might be related to some kind of overall blood thinning issue?

Anyway I know that no one can diagnose me here but I'm at a loss.

I should have said too I have been told I have ocular rosacea, have blepharitis, MGD. Since this latest major blood vessel broke I have been extremely careful not to press hard on my eye or even run high-pressured water on my eyes in the shower. That is why it's worrying me that it still happened again.

Working...
X