Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I fixed my dry eyes

Hello everyone,

so as the title says, I am almost completely free of my dry eye symptoms.
    I am a 21 year old student and have no problem looking at my computer screen for 10+ hours every day, something that would cause severe pain before I fixed my eyes.

The problems with my eyes started in my third year of high school (I was 17 years old). It wasn't that bad at first, but it progressively got worse.
    It was most painful on days when I had to do a lot of reading and even more so when I had to do lots of work on the computer.
    I also developed some form of light sensitivity and had to minimize the light I exposed my eyes too.

After a year and a half I visited an optometrist, but that didn't really help as she didn't find anything wrong with my eyes.
    I was prescribed various eye drops, I tried eye wipes (blephaclean, cliradex), tea tree oil, many different diets etc.

Nothing seemed to help much. There was maybe some small relief in the eye wipes at the start, but the positive effect started to wane after a while.
    My eyes were getting worse and worse.
    This all continued for some years. I was probably 20 when I first started to get some relief.

What first started to greatly help me was washing my hair every morning.
    I think why it helps me is because I also suffer from a mild case of seb derm and/or rosacea around my nose (and close to my eyes) and washing my hair everyday seems to help with that, since my hair can sometimes get to that area of my face.
    Washing in the morning is better than in the evening for me, since the positive effect of washing my hair lasts throughout my whole day.

The second thing that helped me was taking a vitamin B-Complex supplement.
    It helped my fatigue problems and my eye problems(which were milder ever since I started washing my hair every morning, but were still present sometimes, especially on days I was forced to do lots of reading or computer work).

One more thing I noticed is that exercise helps with the symptoms.
    Nowadays I continue to go for a daily run although it alone didn't get rid of my dry eyes.

I wish you good luck, maybe this can help someone out.

This is so awesome! Thank you very much for sharing!

I wonder if you would consider letting us use this story on dryeyestories.com? It will reach more people that way. And there are a lot of young people struggling with dry eye these days who I am sure will be interested.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

jacobwasthenight which vitamin B-Complex supplement do you take?

Comment

Working...
      X