Bump on eyelid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump on eyelid

t started again last week with an inflamed eyelid, the redness and swelling has now passed into one bump. It looked like it was ready to pop this weekend, I only heated it and did not squeeze it.
    Last year I also had this once, on the advice of the doctor I heated and polished the eyelashes, the bump would 'pop' and dissolve by itself. However, this did not happen. In the end I 'emptied' the bump itself in several times, the contents then (also) came out from the outside. The optometrist found last year that the Meibomian glands were clogged. Eventually they were empty.
    I visited him again yesterday and he advises to heat and massage again and that I'd better squeeze it this weekend when it was possible. He says it's a chalazion (now) and when this doesn't help, I have to go to the hospital.
    However, my doctor (general practicioner) says it's a hordeolum and advises NOT to squeeze it.
    I hope someone can advise me, last time I had this for so long and I already have a scar from back then. Thank you in advance.
Working...
X