Need help now - swollen eyelids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help now - swollen eyelids

Hi all, looking for advice. Had what I suspect was a corneal erosion on Wednesday. I read online about putting Vaseline on the eyelids to protect dry eyes overnight. So for two nights in a row I covered my upper and lower eyelids with Vaseline.

Now both my upper eyelids are badly swollen, to the point that the skin is shiny. They are becoming painful. Any advice? I will seek out an eye doctor tomorrow (Sunday..! ugh) first thing if things don't improve overnight. I think the Vaseline must have clogged my glands.

I've tried washing my eyelid margin / glands really well with warm water, applied tea tree oil to my eyelid margins. Just now I used a cold compress (washcloth dipped in very cold water) for 15 minutes. The swelling is still here. Thanks in advance for advice. This is scary and they've never been this bad.

Quick update -- I figured it was blepharitis caused by demodex, most likely. I treated myself by doing warm compresses 2x a day, tea tree oil along the upper and lower lid margins 2x a day, and cleaned my lid margins with hypochlorous acid. I put a humidifier in my room. I also washed a sleep mask I've been using for a while, using tea tree oil, as I suspect it was probably riddled with demodex. This all seems to have helped, and the swelling in my eyes has gone back to its normal level. I really don't think the Vaseline caused it, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
    X