Close To Giving Up! Begging For Answersnoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close To Giving Up! Begging For Answersnoth

I have been told that I have Grade 4 meibomianitis, ocular rosacea, seborrheic blepharitis.

I manage the eye rosacea/ blepharitis with hypochlorous acid and the overall evaporative dry eye with preservative free carboxymethylcellulose drops.

My problem is that I keep getting lots of white mucus under my upper eyelids. This makes blinking very tough because the mucus hurts the eye surface. This has been going on for months but docs in India don't have a clue. Chloramphenicol drops stopped the mucus for a day or two before it came back as usual. The other thing that helped for a bit was vancomycin drops which brought the mucus out like white curd upon instillation. But when I stopped it the mucus came right back, jammed every time I wake up under the upper eyelids as before. Antihistamine drops have not helped but I have high serum IgE and IgG levels and allergies to house dust mites for which the Wheal scores range at 4.0 . I am waiting for my allergy shots.

But the problem remains and 5 percent acetylcysteine drops have not solved it yet. This problem has completely ended whatever life I had and I say with real shame that suicide often crosses my mind.

Has anyone ever had mucus under their eyelids making blinking tough? Is this infection or allergies or nighttime dryness? I have done conjunctival swab tests. It brought staphylococcus epidermidis once, but the most recent one brought out nothing.

Please help.

Originally posted by Soham View Post
    I have been told that I have Grade 4 meibomianitis, ocular rosacea, seborrheic blepharitis.

I manage the eye rosacea/ blepharitis with hypochlorous acid and the overall evaporative dry eye with preservative free carboxymethylcellulose drops.

My problem is that I keep getting lots of white mucus under my upper eyelids. This makes blinking very tough because the mucus hurts the eye surface. This has been going on for months but docs in India don't have a clue. Chloramphenicol drops stopped the mucus for a day or two before it came back as usual. The other thing that helped for a bit was vancomycin drops which brought the mucus out like white curd upon instillation. But when I stopped it the mucus came right back, jammed every time I wake up under the upper eyelids as before. Antihistamine drops have not helped but I have high serum IgE and IgG levels and allergies to house dust mites for which the Wheal scores range at 4.0 . I am waiting for my allergy shots.

But the problem remains and 5 percent acetylcysteine drops have not solved it yet. This problem has completely ended whatever life I had and I say with real shame that suicide often crosses my mind.

Has anyone ever had mucus under their eyelids making blinking tough? Is this infection or allergies or nighttime dryness? I have done conjunctival swab tests. It brought staphylococcus epidermidis once, but the most recent one brought out nothing.

Please help.
    Can you think of anything that caused the mucus to start? maybe after starting a new eyedrop? For your rosacea IPL should help greatly.

Comment

You need a second opinion.

allergic conjunctivitis?
      tear drainage infection?
      Dacryocystitis?

Comment

Working...
      X